Bad eating two days and scale is up

Options
I didn't eat so well Wednesday or Thursday. I'd say Wednesday I prob at at maintenance and Thursday about 2400 ( 500 over maintenance) scale is up 1.5 lbs... do I need to skip a day of eating?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    What would skipping a day of eating achieve? Other than a binge?
  • mhussain790
    mhussain790 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No, just hit your daily calorie goals. One or two days over won't cause you to gain fat. It's most likely water weight. Skipping a day of eating wouldn't help at all, and would be counterproductive honestly.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Gosh, no! Go back to the plan. Do not punish yourself.

Identify the issues that caused you to deviate from the plan. Make changes to prevent these issues from derailing you next time.

Progress, not perfection!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Tjs8819 wrote: »
    I didn't eat so well Wednesday or Thursday. I'd say Wednesday I prob at at maintenance and Thursday about 2400 ( 500 over maintenance) scale is up 1.5 lbs... do I need to skip a day of eating?

1.5 pounds is likely to be a combination of water, glycogen, and extra waste in your system. Your body will release it in a few days as you get back to your normal routine. Personally, I wouldn't punish myself because my body is doing what it's supposed to do.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone think "skipping a day of eating" is a reasonable response to this scenario?

I'd wager most of those 1.5lbs is water retention anyway.

Just go back to eating normal.
  • JohnDavid1969
    JohnDavid1969 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ignore it. That 1.5 lb change is nothing. I have fluctuated as much as six pounds over the course of one day.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    1.5lbs is about 5500cal. You haven't eaten it so you should noy worry.