Google BMI
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    134 is already on the low end - 124 even more so
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Weight is somewhat irrelevant.... You could weigh the same weight but be smaller in size because of different body composition

This. I am 5'7 and honestly have looked great at all different weights depending on how much muscle I have (or don't have).
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Your current weight sounds good if you want I would recommend body recomposition. You don't have to lose weight if you want a more toned body just recomp.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and for me 155lb is currently my goal 'perfect' weight as you can probably tell it is perfect weight is highly personal. Only you will know what perfectl would be for you. Maybe try recomp instead of weightloss to attain 'perfection'.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my maintenance range is 128-133 but it really depends on your body composition, goals, etc. I have a small frame and not a ton of muscle. My BF% is still higher than I'd like but I plan to recomp rather than keep cutting.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    130-155
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Depends on body composition (fat vs muscle) and if you don't mind me saying ... boobs.
    Mine are pretty small so no weight there to speak of...
    I'd like to get to 127lbs where I used to be before I gained and then recomp and maybe bulk a bit from there.
    I think 124 is a bit too low unless you're mostly fat and little muscle.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 closer to 5'8 and weigh around 133. I find that anything lower my body just freaks on me. I am very happy with my body but I wouldn't mind adding some more muscle. I am pretty much doing recomp, eating while maintaining and lifting weights. I believe your perfect weight has to be what makes you feel good. If you like how you look at a certain weight but are miserable trying to stay at it, to me its not worth it. I love the way I look even more at 125-130 but it takes a lot more discipline to stay at that weight and I am more tired and moody.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I think the "ideal weight" is around 135, but as said above it's very personal.

I'm 5'7" also, with a muscular frame. I'm very lean around 130 (6-pack) and comfortable anywhere between 135-145, depending on my exercise routine at the time. I personally find anything below 135 hard to accomplish, and have never been able to maintain anything below 130 (I got to 128 when I was bodybuilding and it was awful).

Do you ask so that you can set your own goal weight?
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" , and at 152lbs, my favorite pants fit well, and I'm able to maintain that weight without much effort.
  • heiliskrimsli
    heiliskrimsli Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    134 is already on the low end - 124 even more so

134 is in no way the "low end" of a range that has a lower bound at 118 pounds. OP would have to lose 16 pounds to be medically underweight. I checked at the Mayo Clinic just to be sure.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I like how I look around 145-155. I'm 5'7" with a wider muscular frame. My doctor wants me anywhere between 145-165 and set that as my "healthy" range for my body
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Look up healthy % fat for men and women (whichever you are) and judge on fat% not weight.

(for rarer sexes, use the healthy % for your hormonal situation)
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    5'7" and my body seems to like to sit at 145. My bodyfat via DEXA scan was 21% 2 years ago. I'd estimate it in the high teens now. I'd say I have an average frame.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and anything between 143lbs (lowest end) and 150 (highest) sits fine on me.

I'd say for you, 138-148lbs, depending on your build and muscle mass etc.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-7 and according to all my research, ideal weight range is 133-138. I'm currently 149 and could definitely stand to lose 10#.