Moderate to Severe stomach discomfort when running and days after...

Options
tapwaters
tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
Ten days ago I ran when it was very windy. Dissatisfied with my time, I ran again the next day where I experienced horrible stomach pains. The following Saturday I experienced horrible stomach pains all day long whenever I was standing. Since then, I haven't been able to run pain-free. Before this, I was happily and easily running 5k's at 9min/miles. Today, I basically had to walk home from the halfway point.

The pain is not a muscle cramp. It makes it difficult to eat very much and feels... More "inner" than a muscle cramp.

1. Is it possible this is a running injury?
2. Is it possible that throwing up a few times (once from bullimia and once from... Tequila) caused or exacerbated this?

I'm aware you're not doctors.

Replies

• bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I get odd stomach "situations " after long runs
  • tapwaters
    Options
    I can't get it looked at, I don't have insurance. :/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you won't see a doctor, there's not really anything else anyone can say...
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Could be gallstones.
  • tapwaters
    Options
    If you won't see a doctor, there's not really anything else anyone can say...

I love how you say won't as though I have a legitimate choice. And I can think of a dozen things people can say aside from "go see a doctor." "Go see a doctor" is advice I hardly would need from here.

However, seeking people who have experienced similar problems and what the recover time/cause was is very helpful.

Thank you for your unhelpful condescension and judgment.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Well, when you are in severe pain, I would go see a doctor. Really! Don't be cheap when your health is at stake.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I found this on the internet.

http://www.runnersworld.com/ask-the-coaches/ask-the-doctor-lower-abdominal-pain-when-running

Ultimately you may need to see a doctor, though, to get an accurate diagnosis. I understand that you don't have insurance, so you may need to find a community clinic or something of that order.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    If it's a hernia, gallstones, or any number of other medical problems, there is no way to fix it without medical treatment. What will you do when it gets bad enough or creates an emergency?
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    If you have 'horrible' or 'severe' pain anywhere, get yourself seen at the emergency department. Today.

If it's not really that bad, see your GP.

Don't look for medical advice on online forums!
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Go to a community /University clinic, or ask for financial assistance at the 'regular' one.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    You have a hernia, go see a dr