How to avoid weight gain after juice fast

Options
2»

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Geeze, everyone is so touchy on this subject.

I sometimes to a full-day juice fast (dinner one day to breakfast 1.5 days later) pretty much as an exercise in self control. The first time I did it I was prepping for a medical procedure, and I was shocked at how easy it was.

I probably consume 500kcals from juice and tea with milk and honey. I find the juice to be very helpful, one glass for lunch and another for dinner (all logged). I also take my fiber and vitamins.

I do it on a non-workout day, never tried it with a workout. I can say that I would not do it for 5 days straight because it would interfere with my workout schedule.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

I sometimes to a full-day juice fast (dinner one day to breakfast 1.5 days later) pretty much as an exercise in self control. The first time I did it I was prepping for a medical procedure, and I was shocked at how easy it was.

I probably consume 500kcals from juice and tea with milk and honey. I find the juice to be very helpful, one glass for lunch and another for dinner (all logged). I also take my fiber and vitamins.

I do it on a non-workout day, never tried it with a workout. I can say that I would not do it for 5 days straight because it would interfere with my workout schedule.

Why would you stress your body so much if it's not medically necessary?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Who's touchy? I like food. I don't like doing unnecessary things for weight loss. *shrug*
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,050 Member
    Options

Drinking juice and tea with milk and honey for one day only, now and then - not the same as the 5 days OP intends.

I dont think anyone would say one day here or there, if that is what you like, is a bad thing.

Many people do similar mini fasts for religious/spiritual reasons ('excercises in self control') - but that doesnt seem OP's intention
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Why would you stress your body so much if it's not medically necessary?

As I said: it's an exercise in self control and I don't find it that stressful or difficult for one day. Lots of people do it 1-2 days every week.

I totally agree that it's not necessary for weight loss.