Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HCG meal ideas

Morning all,

I am just looking for some ideas of meals that I can do while on the VLCD of the HCG. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

P.S. I dont eat fish or pork.....I know that makes it hard.

Replies

• aubuysgirl
    aubuysgirl Posts: 23
    What is HCG
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_chorionic_gonadotropin

This gives an overview -- or just try googling it and results will come back.
  • When I did it....I got the cans of Turkey Breast or the cans of Chicken Breast. They are easy to measure out the oz.

I also got bags of Shrimp.

For veggies I got the bags of Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers....they have a lot of varieties to choose from that are low cal. I also got cans of French Style Green Beans, Mixed Veggies and Black-Eyed Peas.

I also ate lots of apples and oranges. Stay away from bananas because they have more sugar.

I hope this helps!
  • Or you on the origonal protical or a modified one? 500 or 750 cal? I did 500 the first time and lost 17.5 in 3 weeks. Stopped and I am just starting back up. I am on the 750 this time and doing better, you have more options to choose from. P2D3 I am down 6.3. I have tons of recipies so message me if you want any.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    P.S. I dont eat fish or pork.....I know that makes it hard.
    I am feeling you on this point. Neither Brittany or I eat fish or seafood, so we are reduced to beef, chicken, or veal for our proteins.
  • vanumnum
    vanumnum Posts: 19
    I'm on the 500 calorie protocol and I love to get creative with my meals - I mix and match, and of course switch between beef/chicken/fish during the day. I haven't eaten veal or buffalo, but some people do. For some reason turkey isn't on protocol, but some people may have no trouble with it at all.

My usual proteins:
    Ground chicken patties, spiced and pan "fried" in a non-stick pan
    93% lean or greater ground beef " " (or from the grill)
    Shrimp, pan seared with paprika and garlic (or skewered and bbqd!)
    Chicken breast
    Canned albacore tuna in water (* not on Simeon's protocol, probably due to tuna being historically packed in oil)
    Egg whites (2) and whole egg (1)

Veggies:
    *Fresh baby spinach (either as a salad with Walden Farms 0 cal dressing or sauteed with the above eggs as a meal)
    *Green leaf lettuce (to wrap meat patties or as a salad bed)
    *Asparagus
    *Cabbage soup (saute shredded cabbage in a bit of hot sauce, add water and spices - it's filling!) - I also add some of the chicken breast into it for a heartier soup/meal.
    * I have been mixing a bit of my veggies, especially when I wrap a burger with a lettuce, a slice of onion and tomato... and I also added a bit of onion to my cabbage soup. Of course stay away from the traditional "mixed veggie" mix of corn/carrots/peas - none of those are legal! Neither are black eyed peas - I'm not saying you won't lose weight, you just may lose more slowly.

Bread:
    The grissini tends to stall me some. (2 skinny breadsticks)
    The melba toast (1 piece per meal) seems fine, so I tend to eat that more often.

Fruit:
    Apple
    Cherries (22)
    Orange
    Grapefruit (1/2)
    Strawberries (9)

Salad dressings:
    Walden Farms creamy bacon (seriously has 0 everything... weird, but not too bad)
    Homemade with strawberries, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, seasonings and stevia to sweeten.
    Plain old apple cider vinegar with seasoning (for a more savory meal)

Delish salads:
    Green lettuce, diced chicken breast or tuna, chopped up apple, one of the above dressings
    Baby spinach, sliced strawberries, diced chicken or tuna, dressing

Everything I make is pretty quick and painless! I've been taking pictures of meals to help out a friend who just started the HCG diet. I'll see where I can post those!

Basically, I figured I can kinda "Geranimal" my meals around to stay interested - and it's been a lot of fun!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    ...Everything I make is pretty quick and painless! I've been taking pictures of meals to help out a friend who just started the HCG diet. I'll see where I can post those!

Basically, I figured I can kinda "Geranimal" my meals around to stay interested - and it's been a lot of fun!

You can post your photos on a thread. First you need to get them on a hosting site, like photobucket, and there are others. Then take the code that results from saving the photo and copy the whole string into your thread, BUT, in order for the image to show, you need to change ALL instances of the the capitalized "IMG" that appears in the code to lower case "img." This is the simplistic explanation. If you do a search in the thread search of "how to post a photo" or something along that line, you will find a post where it is explained in more detail.
  • vanumnum
    Here are some pictures of some of my Phase 2 meals! A few items are "questionable"; ground chicken being a dark and white meat blend, and of course zucchini was not on the Simeon protocol. I've since tried to follow the original diet plan more closely.

http://happy-nessa.blogspot.com/
  • fivefatcats
    fivefatcats Posts: 368
    Places I have found recipes:

http://hcgdietjourney.com/http:/hcgdietjoureny.com/hcg-diet-menu

http://www.simplyhcg.com

http://coachalisa.ipower.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/hcgrecipes.pdf

Also, I really like the "HCG gourmet cookbook" by Tammy Skye. Barnes & Noble has offers it for about $21 - some really good ideas in there.
  • Slim115
    Slim115 Posts: 20
    hi, where did you get the dressings?
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    hi, where did you get the dressings?
    I got ours from HEB's Central Market, but I don't think they have made them up to CO yet. You could try Whole Foods. I will advise you to try these one-at-a-time, though. They are really hit-or-miss. The creamy bacon is pretty good, but the flavor gets old fast. The honey dijon is gross. We haven't tried any of the others yet, but we are really considering whether it's worth it to keep trying them.

Walden Farms makes other products too that are hit-or-miss. The chocolate sauce is heavenly. We dip our strawberries in it and it kills our sweet craving for a few days. The barbecue sauce tastes like they made it with Dr. Pepper, so it's up to you to decide whether that's a good thing or a bad thing. The mayo tastes like Oil Of Old Lady face cream. It's awful. We even tried to dress it up with lemon juice and seasonings. It ended up tasting like lemon pepper face cream. We threw it away. They also have caramel sauce, marshmallow cream and others that we have not tried yet. We'll be getting the caramel sauce next to try our apples in it.

None of this is on the HCG dietary guidelines, but the choices listed there get old really quickly and there's only so much you can do with chicken to make it taste like anything-but-chicken. Neither Brittany nor I eat fish or seafood, so our dietary restrictions are a little more restricted than others. We just try to be a little more inventive and try this or that to make things better. We've found a few favorites and some others that didn't work so well (the chicken salad using the face cream mayo comes to mind). It's a journey and a learning experience, so we're enjoying ourselves and continue to dream of the 3 days that we get to gorge again before Round 2's Phase 2. Domino's, here we come!!!
  • Drakali
    Drakali Posts: 5
    I just started my second round of HCG and I was looking forward my my gorging period too. I had a list of food I couldn't miss out on that I updated throughout my course... When I finally cut loose, I think I almost died I was in so much pain. I didn't even get halfway through my list before I was finished because I couldn't bear to eat anymore. I gained 15 lbs during those 2 days. I would suggest chocolates and sweets instead of a whole bunch of carbs to avoid the pain and the hard little pizza baby I had for a day. I booked some time off work and it was a great idea since I felt like hell for 2 whole days!

Re: Walden Farms. The dressings can be on the terrible side, I agree. I've had more luck with the non-creamy varieties like Asian and Italian (the Sun Dried Tomato Italian was pretty good), but they all taste very similarly. AVOID RANCH. Seriously. Save yourself some money and heartache. Ranch is my favourite full-fat dressing and it was a depressing experience. I haven't tried the ketchup or syrups but the caramel sauce is good on Royal Gala or more tart apples. I've got some scampi sauce in the cupboard but I'm a bit afraid to try it.

Splenda has been my friend but you have to watch your intake or you'll end up on the toilet for hours at a time, I assure you. The brown sugar Splenda is nice on apples, too, with a bit of cinnamon.

Our drug store started stocking Walden Farms and other Splenda/Stevia products because so many people in our community are doing HCG. They also have Miracle Noodles which are very much like rice vermicelli noodles (tasteless and kind of clear). They're free (!) and go nice as a filler for soups or a base for stir-fry. (I say "stir-fry" but I do more of a "steam-warm".)
  • vanumnum
    Scallops and spinach-strawberry salad: 240 calories +/-

Last night I sauteed 5 japanese scallops (Frozen from Trader Joe's) in fresh crushed garlic and a tad of bragg's liquid aminos and a bit of water. They came out wonderfully! 120 calories.

The side salad was fresh spinach, homemade dressing with organic apple cider vinegar, sweet n low, water and herb seasoning, sliced fresh strawberries on top. YUM! Probably around 100 calories or so with the fruit. I piled it high.

It was a great summer dinner!
  • vanumnum
    See below
  • vanumnum
    Low sugar catsup from Heinz is REALLY good and around 5 calories/Tablespoon, made with splenda!

I've taken to using it on my Protein style lettuce wrapped burgers (with mustard too) - For those 'cheating' with Splenda, this catsup is rockin'.
  • bump
  • aalina_22
    aalina_22 Posts: 10
    HGC Diet Provides Quick Weight Loss and hgc-diet menu and meal plan is one of the effective ways to lose weight.
    hcg diet menu
    homeopathic hcg
    hcg injections
  • aalina_22
    aalina_22 Posts: 10
    HGC Diet Provides Quick Weight Loss and hgc-diet menu and meal plan is one of the effective ways to lose weight.
    hcg diet menu
    homeopathic hcg
    hcg injections
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,364 Member
    this thread will be closed shortly so an exchange of ideas is pointless. HCG is not supported, condoned or endorsed by MFP.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Dear Members,

A short explanation, using the MFP Forum Guidelines, and this thread will be locked.

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia,

or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion.

This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving.

Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

Thank You
This discussion has been closed.