I could really use some positive and active friends.

ladyofivy
ladyofivy Posts: 648
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Hi guys and gals.

I'm really working hard at this weight loss thing. I have set goals for myself, and I think I'm working very hard not only to meet the goals, but to get my body into a very healthy place.

The trouble is that I have no friends in real life, and only a couple of friends online. I could really use some friends here who are supportive, upbeat, and active. Friends who aren't critical, and can help me remember why I'm doing this to begin with. I've been working on this since March, and although I never see myself going back to a lifestyle that involves zero exercise, I'm at a critical point where I've been at a plateau for a couple of weeks and I'm getting depressed about it. (I have depression and anxiety disorder, so this is something that I have to work especially hard to overcome.)

If you are dedicated, friendly, fun, and could also use a friend, I'd love to have you for a friend on here. Also, if you're willing to talk to me on here... you know... because I don't want "friends". I want *real* MFP friends. Please.

I'm kind of lonely. I know it sounds dumb. But I could really use some friends....

Replies

• MikeRay
    MikeRay Posts: 47
    I am here for you when ever you need support.
    Just go back and look at that picture of you in the swimsuit. That is amazing what you have done! You inspire me on a daily bases.
    Keep it up, and you will break through this plateau.
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    It doesn't sound dumb at all! The friends I have made on here is what gets me to eat right most of the time and definitely work out on a daily basis. I am now on a plateau for 2+ weeks and am a little discouraged but they are rooting me on so I don't want to let them down.

I would be happy to support you in your journey :wink:
  • arobles3231
    arobles3231 Posts: 15 Member
    I could use the support as well!
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Good Morning & congrats on the weight loss so far :) I saw yr pics and I can really see a differance. You can add me if u like as a friend..I am on here 2-3 times a day reading and tracking.
    I am more or less at the same spot u r in now. I have lost 30 lbs so far ( I cant see it like u can tell on yr pics) and I have 30 more to go and see how I feel and look at that point.

Luly
  • Willow_28
    Willow_28 Posts: 61
    Feel free to add me... I also suffer from depression and anxieties, have for about 20yrs now so i can completely understand your headspace... i lost all my weight once before and when i hit a plateau i just about crawled out of my skin with anxiety... well, if you ever wanna chat just let me know... keep pushing through girl... you are doing great...
  • Amber030583
    Amber030583 Posts: 490 Member
    You may add me if you would like also. Right now we have not been busy at work so I have been on here alot lately. Don't get discouraged with the plateau though. I had one for a long time then beat it then gained about half of the weight that I lost over the winter but some how managed to not go up a clothes size. We all can use a little motivation at times. :)
  • mercyr80
    mercyr80 Posts: 13 Member
    I'd love to be your friend :) I also need all the support I can get.I have recently lost 15lbs on my own and Im in a rut,I really cant say that I'm at a plateau yet I am at a just felt liek being lazy mode,lol.I tend to always come up with excuse and I need someone to slap me out of it. I still have 20 lbs to lose and wont stop till i get there.I am goin on vacation to the beach in 3 weeks and have set a goal to lose 10lbs from now till then.

Can anyone give me some ideas for some work outs that will help me get rid of my loose after pregnancy skin belly? thanks so much
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    I will help you however I can, I know its hard and its not something you should have to do alone!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Would love to be your MFP friend! Doesn't sound silly at all and I know I need all the support I can get! We are all trying to do the same thing and you have been ROCKING IT! Plateaus suck (I'm there, too), but keep pushing on. We're all in this together. :flowerforyou:

Nina
  • ladyofivy
    ladyofivy Posts: 648
    I really really really thank each and every one of you. It really helps knowing that you're all here for me, and I promise to work very hard to be here for all of you, too. :flowerforyou: Each of you seems so nice. Thank you for being supportive. :n)
This discussion has been closed.