the last 10 pounds are so stubborn

Options
I'm only looking to loose the last 10 pounds and no matter what i do i can't seem to. I rejoined MFP yesterday so that i can count my calories. Ive been on Paleo for about 2 months and i lost many inches but only a couple of pounds. Any advice would be appreciated :)

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Well counting calories is a good start. Make sure you weigh and measure everything, otherwise the calorie counts will likely be out.

Set a reasonable weight loss goal, 1lb per week is usually good start point depending on the start weight and goals. Given you are looking at 10lb in total, I'd go with 1lb per week to start off..which should give you a calorie deficit of about 500cals on maintenance. Bear in mind, MFP calories do not include exercise calories so they or some of them should be eaten back.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    It's hard. I only had 20 lbs to lose. The first came off easily. But the last 10. Your body doesn't want to let go.

I just keep plugging along. Where I am, it's a healthy weight so I'll be okay even if I stay here, as much as I want to be a little less.