gaining weight

Options
I don't know what to do, i'm at 90 lbs and i'm really scared that it might go more down should i start drinking ensures or what should i do. Any suggestions?

Replies

• tomwasilj3w
    tomwasilj3w Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    All you need is to figure out how much calories you need to eat in order to maintain and then make sure your hitting that daily. Using this app everyday and logging in every meal should help substantially. And if you set it up properly when you first downloaded it then it should tell you the amount of calories you need to be eatting everyday

Hope that helps :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Do you have issues eating more food to gain weight?
  • ddoucette3187
    ddoucette3187 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How much are you eating? Do you have issues eating more food to gain weight?

I'm not eating that much, im atleast consuming like around 800-1000 kcals a day
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to eat more.

Check out this thread for help:
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

If you are still having problems eating more maybe talking to your doctor/professional is in order.
  • ddoucette3187
    Options
    will drinking ensure drinks help or should i stick to calorie dense foods ?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Consume more calories.

The source of the calories is little more than personal preference.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    will drinking ensure drinks help or should i stick to calorie dense foods ?

At this point whatever gets you eating more. If you like Ensure, go for it.. also try to incorporate more calorie dense foods and you can even make your own high cal shake using bananas, plus other fruit of choice, nut butters, high fat dairy (yogurt or whole milk, even ice cream) and whey protein if you want.
  • ddoucette3187
    Options
    Is there any high calorie shakes recipes ideas that u guys could give me to try so i can gain some healthy weight?
  • sardelsa
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I don't have a recipe but here is what mine looks like. I just add water and ice and blend You can adjust the ingredient amounts to suit your tastes/macros

salurffs4sb4.png

• cityruss
    Options
    Is there any high calorie shakes recipes ideas that u guys could give me to try so i can gain some healthy weight?

Eat the foods you like, in the correct amounts.

What is it you're actually having issues with?

You say above you're eating 800-1000 calories a day. Double up at each meal. You're now eating 1600-2000 calories.
  • ddoucette3187
    Options
    its just hard for me to gain weight
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You definitely need to consume more calories to gain weight. Eat dense foods- they have more calories but won't make u feel stuffed. Peanut butter. Cream. Ice cream. Peanut butter and ice cream milkshake sounds amazing right now. Spread some avocado on toast if you want something savory, etc.

Maybe add 100 or so calories per day everyweek. It may help you adjust to eating more and then you will gradually have a new normal!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options

Is this a mental thing? Because increasing calories is fairly easy, especially if you add drinks and calorie dense foods.
  • cityruss
    Options

But which bit is hard?

It's just a case of consuming more calories than you use over a sustained period of time.

What are you finding difficult? It's hard for anyone to offer meaningful advice if we don't know own what you're struggling with.
  • ddoucette3187
    Options
    I have a slow metabolism in that case I don't eat alot for my meals and snacks
  • cityruss
    Options
    Speak to the person who is treating your diagnosed metabolic disorder.

Hang on though, I thought you found it hard to gain weight, but hang on again, you eat between 800-1000 calories, and now you don't eat much because you have a 'slow metabolism' so don't eat enough.

Does not compute.

I think you need to clearly express what your actual goal is, and what difficulties you are facing achieving that goal because at the moment it's all over the place.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I have a slow metabolism in that case I don't eat alot for my meals and snacks

Have you actually had metabolic testing? If not, you can't actually suggest if you have a slow or normal metabolism. But if you are afraid to eat or can't get yourself to eat more, than you probably need to speak with a professional.
  • blackcomaro
    blackcomaro Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Try the protein shake thread for ideas op... you have the internet also... you found this app
  • diamondmonica22
    diamondmonica22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You could start using Apetamin...it's basically a vitamin syrup that stimulates your appetite. I started to use it because just as you, I could eat ALOT, but not gain weight. This stuff really works and you can gain 4 pounds in a week easy. You can buy it online on Ebay and some other sites, but I personally bought mine from Eddie's Place African Market. Hope this helps..
  • psuLemon
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You could start using Apetamin...it's basically a vitamin syrup that stimulates your appetite. I started to use it because just as you, I could eat ALOT, but not gain weight. This stuff really works and you can gain 4 pounds in a week easy. You can buy it online on Ebay and some other sites, but I personally bought mine from Eddie's Place African Market. Hope this helps..

IMO, the OP would be better off going to a doctor to get a regulated stimulate, then buying a syrup from ebay.