Apple Watch

Options
I just got an Apple Watch for Mother's Day, anyone offer some help? I (think) I synced it with MFP to track steps. Will it sync with cardio as well? Thanks for your help!

Replies

• jimlee22
    jimlee22 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm getting one Monday are they worth the money
  • teach0722
    teach0722 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Any tips?
  • jakes2011
    jakes2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @teach0722 - what kind of tips are you looking for?
  • teach0722
    Options
    Not sure...I'm still exploring the uses. I'm using the workout (green) app when working out. I did two separate work out sessions, one strength training and the other kickboxing. Kickboxing didn't go into MFP from the app. I didn't know if it was a one time thing or ???? Anything else fitness wise that would be helpful? Different apps? Thanks for all your help!
  • shraab
    shraab Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just got one as well. The kids gave it to me last week as an early Mother's Day gift. So far I am in love. The only issue I had was I use Endomondo to use as my running training plan. I put the app on my watch. However, I had trouble with getting the run to post to MFP when I ran on the treadmill. Now I disable it on my watch when I do my indoor runs and just select treadmill running on the exercise icon on the Apple Watch. I'm so excited I've closed all three rings everyday this past week. It motivates me so much.
  • teach0722
    Options
    So again when I used the fitness app on the Apple Watch it synced my "other-strength training" and not "other-kickboxing" into my fitness pal !! Any ideas? It shows up in the activity app? Am I doing something wrong?
  • teach0722
    Options
    Another question, my steps are imputed twice. Any ideas why that is?
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    It will only add exercises that MFP recognizes. Like MFP doesn't recognise when you name the workout HIIT, core training, apparently kick boxing, and some other things. You can either leave it as 'other' unnamed and it will go through or add to MFP manually.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    As for steps, go on the website here to APPS and then STEPS and see what you see. It should just be iPhone.
  • teach0722
    Options
    Thanks! I'll try that. Thanks so much for your help!!!
  • teach0722
    Options
    I was able to sync my workouts today by keeping it "other" for my Turbo Fire and "other-strength training"! Thanks! I have a HITT scheduled tomorrow, so that's good to know!
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    jimlee22 wrote: »
    I'm getting one Monday are they worth the money

I have the Nike+ edition. I love it and it's very cool but I honestly don't think it's worth the $369.00 I paid for it. You can get fitness monitors with all the same functionality for much less.