HELP PLEASE

Options
Good afternoon,

Since 2012-2014 I have lost over 13 stone with fitnes pal and going to the gym EVERY DAY and partaking in high intense exercises. Anyway last year I had to stop going to the gym and gained 1.5 stone I was 26 stone. Now 12 stone 7lbs. I want to be 11 stone

I brought a fitbit and started using it January this year and I have always continued with fitness pal throughout.
Anyway, I walk ALOT and I jog 3 times a week, so my average daily steps are 30,000 highest being 49.49 miles in a week. I have calculated and altered my stride length so I know it is accurate. I am also using another step device and that is also stating the same. Heart rate is a steady 115bpm when walking and 146 bpm while jogging
My resting heart rate is only 52bpm - I wonder if this effects my metabolism?
My average calorie a day burn is 3000. (I know this might not be accurate) all my stats are correct ive checked over and over.
My daily calorie intake is between 1400 and 1600. I do not eat meat, I do not drink alcohol. I calculate everything, including milk in my coffee. My diet is monitored through fitness pal.

Anyway I have only lost a total of 5lbs in almost 5 months. I have since upped my daily steps over the last two months but nothing.

I do have IBS and this causes bloating plus other side effects some days I can gain 5lbs over night. I do take medication but still nothing.

Can anyone offer any suggestions/advice. I have been to see the GP and they can not find anything medically wrong with me.

0 Votes
All forum topics Next Topic
2 REPLIES
Success! :'(

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What's your diet and caloric intake like? I see you've only mentioned using exercise to lose weight.

Although exercise is great for fitness (and lets you 'earn' extra calories in a day) weight loss is mainly about diet. If you are exercising and not losing weight, you are simply consuming too many calories each day. Also, over time, your body gets used to cardio like walking and jogging as you get more fit. Therefore, you don't get the same calorie burn bang for the buck.

tl;dr? You need to focus on a calorie deficit achieved through diet. :)
  • emmafossett1
    emmafossett1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. It is much appreciated

I did say above that my calorie intake is between 1400 and 1600. So I have a MASSIVE deficit every day, between 1000 and 1500
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings