OXO food scale

Options
ktekc
ktekc Posts: 879 Member
Just got this today. Was looking for a new scale the other day and went amazon hunting. Found the OXO Good Grips 11lb pull out display food scale. Then i found the 22 lb!! I'm in love. It will even take on my 6 qt. crock pot when full. My life just got ten times easier. No more transferring food over to a bowl that i can still see the numbers with. Less dishes!
Bonus: ended up getting it on Bed Bath and Beyond's website with a $20 coupon off. It's a good day.

Replies

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they made one that could handle that much weight. I have the smaller one, and love it, but will definitely look at the bigger one. Thanks for the heads-up!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've had the 11lb version for years and love it. It's been America's Test Kitchen's pick for scale for a long long time. I think it was their review that made me choose it in the first place. They revisited scales again recently and it won again. If mine ever breaks I might “upgrade” to the 22lb version.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Love my 5 pounder!
    BTW--after having it for years it started going nuts the other day flashing random numbers even when not being touched. New batts didn't help. A search of the internet showed that if I would pop off the top, remove the two screws holding a silver dealie down underneath there, and vacuum it out, it would work good as new. It did!
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I have been looking into a scale that can measure large batches of soups, stews, ect! That way I can find out calories per gram!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Little expensive but i figured i use it a dozen times a day or more it was worth it.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I had the 6lb and just got the 11lb. I wish I knew there was a 22lb or else I would have done that. :/