Is your significant other your gym buddy?

Options

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    No SO or gym buddy. Lone wolf :(

I'll be you're gym buddy!

That would be awesome! :) I just switched gyms and I don't know anyone.
  • Steam_Powered_Awesome
    Steam_Powered_Awesome Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Nope everytime I'm in the gym I'm alone. So glad I pay extra to bring a friend :'(
  • shortgirlsneedlovetoo
    shortgirlsneedlovetoo Posts: 4,592 Member
    Options
    Prefer to workout alone. That's my time.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Nope, hubby is at home with kids while I go to the gym. Shame I'd like him to join me.
  • unicornumame
    unicornumame Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I work out with my SO almost every time. Sometimes we do the exact same thing, sometimes I wanna do a higher intensity workout as he prefers slower strong lift type stuff. We don't interact a ton while we workout, but he's always helpful if I have questions or feedback and vice versa. If we're climbing together we help each other a lot more. I do workout with a male trainer from time to time by myself which baffles my girlfriends...but my SO could care less. I think it's important to care about one another's health and being active together is a great way to do it.
  • WorshipHK
    WorshipHK Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes :D

He's the one that helped me get motivated to get back into the gym.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I don't have a significant other ......nor do I go to the gym. :|
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Is your significant other your gym buddy?

No.

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Nope. My husband and I hike, kayak and ski together, but to my knowledge he has never set foot in a gym in his life. And I prefer going alone anyway.
  • ArmandsAramands
    ArmandsAramands Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is your significant other your gym buddy? How do you two go about your workouts together?
    My boyfriend is my gym buddy and we did our first work out together (taking turns on machines and challenging each other).
    Just curious how other couples do gym time.

Will see how it'll work out, but a girl I'm dating showed interest to exercise with me. Yesterday we had our first 'gym date', basically doing the same thing as you - taking turns on machines and challenging each other.

She's a runner but hasn't trained since last October, and she has no upper body strength. So finding exercises we can do somewhat equally would be a challange (running?), but I'm willing to go into this. :smile:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Haha nope. I tried to get my husband to the gym... not happening. I wouldn't like it anyway... it's my me-time (we've been together for 15 years though).
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    Yes but my right hand is attached to me so it has no choice

:lol:
  • mollyingrid92
    mollyingrid92 Posts: 41 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    Yes but my right hand is attached to me so it has no choice
    Probably the best answer so far :D
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yep. We definitely go to the gym together :)
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    My husband and I go to the gym together on the weekends, but don't work out together. We will spot each other on bench.
    He's a foot taller than me, so it's pretty pointless trying to share equipment. Too much hassle to change plates/adjust stuff.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No...about 4.5 years ago when my wife and I were starting out we were gym buddies...lasted about three weeks maybe tops.

We primarily use free weights so it was time consuming to constantly be removing and putting on plates. Also, we both had different goals in regards to what we wanted to achieve in the weight room...I was doing Starting Strength and she was drawn to New Rules of Lifting for Women and Strong Curves.

We both have trainers now and workout on different days so as to cover domestic responsibilities at home. We also just have different fitness interests...she's a running enthusiast and I prefer my bike. She will occasionally join me for a date bike ride...I will never run though...loath it.

ETA: gym time for both of us has kind of become "me" time and an escape from kids, life, etc...lifting and riding are about the only "me" time I get.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    he's just my gym.
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    nope, which its my time to unwind, so I'm not an evil *kitten* at home.
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Nope.