Am I doing this right?

So I weigh 111 (it's okay guys I'm only 4'11 so I'm fine for my size) . I'm not overweight but my stomach is pudgy and I'm trying to tone it up and gain some muscle weight. I'm not sure if I should be part of the gaining weight, maintain or loosing community. Could someone give me some guidance please ?

Thanks !

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,116 Member
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    Jaywensday wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I should be part of the gaining weight, maintain or losing community.

Depends how much you want to weigh! You are in a healthy weight range but that range is very wide and your "perfect weight" depends a lot on your build and your preferences.

If you are happy at 111lbs and don't have any advanced body composition or muscle building goals then maintain and recomp.

What training are you doing?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    most healthy people have some visible stomach fat. It's normal.

I think the flat stomachs we have seen in magazines and elsewhere have scarred us all! They are a product of careful dieting and training and also surgery.

...which is expensive, painful, and sometimes goes awry.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,116 Member
    most healthy people have some visible stomach fat. It's normal.

I think the flat stomachs we have seen in magazines and elsewhere have scarred us all! They are a product of careful dieting and training and also surgery.

...which is expensive, painful, and sometimes goes awry.

That and airbrushing. Photos can always be made to look better than real life.