Thinking of coming back

Options
Hi, I lost 3 stone 6 on MFP between July 2016 and December 2016. Then Christmas and winter and depression struck, 10lb gain. So trying Slimming World. Only 2 weeks in, lost 6.5 lbs but not happy. Cannot sleep with worry about the weigh in. I know it's only 2 weeks but feel I will fail and have a gain this week. Portion control does not exist on Slimming world and my food portion is rising. Will weigh in tomorrow but may return to MFP it worked for me before. Has anyone else tried other plans and returned to MFP and got back on track?

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what program you follow, tracking calories is always important.

Even though I follow a keto diet, I still accurately track my calories because it all comes down to CICO. It's possible to gain weight on any type of diet if your portions are too big.
  • mandy220750
    mandy220750 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I know that portion size matters and that is why Slimming World may not be fir me. You do not count calories on the plan. I maybe giving up to early. Wonder how long people keep to other diet plans before coming back to MFP.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    As a responsible adult you can limit your own portions sizes whilst following any type of 'diet'. If your food portions are rising it's not the fault of the diet is it?

My wife has had great success using slimming world, I have never seen or heard her advocate unlimited portions of food.

From the little interest I've paid to it, aren't you limited by only being able to have a set amount of certain foods from certain predetermined groups, alongside your low calorie/high fibre filling 'free foods' Thus limiting the more calorie dense items?

Anyway, control your own portions.
  • mandy220750
    mandy220750 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Slimming world does advocate unlimited amounts of certain foods. Pasta for example which is not low in calorie. Yes I agree a responsible adult can decide on portion size on any diet. But if you are told not to count, weigh certain foods portions can slowly increase. By the way I have lost 8 pounds using Slimming World in two weeks so I can control my own diet thank you. I am pleased your wife is succeeding and that particular diet is great for her. However my main problem is the worry about the weigh in. I suffer from anxiety. My main question was not focused on portion size but if others have given a diet plan a go and returned to MVP and started to lose again