Newbie needs help! Weight loss

Options
leanneconnolly975
leanneconnolly975 Posts: 9 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone, I am 5"5 and currently weigh 140lbs (I know this is in the healthy bmi range but I'd like to lose fat and tone up)
I work in a supermarket so I'm on my feet 9 hours of the day and after work I'll head to the gym and weight train for 30-40 minutes 5-6 days a week.
On top of this my diet is clean, I average at 1200 calories a day. I have been doing this for 3 months now and I have yet to lose any weight or notice any muscle toning or gain. I'm basically the same as when I started. It's really disheartening and I'm at a loose end as to where to go next. I drink loads of water (3-4 litres a day).
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Leanne:)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    With your activity level, you should be able to lose weight on 1,200 calories a day. It's likely that you are eating more than you think you are. If you open your diary, you may be able to get some useful advice on how to improve your logging.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Accurate Food scale 1200 calories or "eyeballing" 1200 calories?
  • leanneconnolly975
    leanneconnolly975 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Very accurate! I've been a little fed up these past two weeks so I decided to really focus in and track everything that goes into my mouth, everything weighed and only whole foods, lean meats etc
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Give it time. Like a month or 2. You don't have much to lose. You won't wake up 10lb lighter. Are you doing strength training? I assume by "toning" you mean build muscle?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale?

Do you use a proven weight lifting program?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Very accurate! I've been a little fed up these past two weeks so I decided to really focus in and track everything that goes into my mouth, everything weighed and only whole foods, lean meats etc

If you've only really focused on logging for the past two weeks, I would give it more time.
  • dpugh38
    dpugh38 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do resistance training because dieting alone is good but if you want great results then you have to combine your diet with resistance training.