42 lbs lost! 20 to Goal

Options
Spartan_Gingi
Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
edited May 2017 in Success Stories
4 years ago, I was newly divorced, totally lost, and very overweight. I was unhappy with my weight, and had no idea what to do with myself. I used to ride my bike to work, 14 miles round trip, but wrecked on my way to work one day. After rupturing my spleen, and spending 5 days in ICU, I felt like I was out of options for working out, and gained even more weight.
3 years ago, I met my fiancee. I truly didn't think there were any men like him out there. He's just a wonderful person. If he'd asked me to lose weight, I wouldn't have. Such is my stubborn nature. However, when I told him I wanted to, he told me I was beautiful, and if I wanted to lose, he was sure I'd be beautiful then too.
I started at 196. I'm now 153.8. I'm 5'3", and 34 years old. I'd still like to lose 20 lbs or so, but I'm so happy with my results so far! The wedding is June 17th, and my goal was 45 lbs lost, sooo close! I've gone from a (tight) size 16 to a size 10.
Running has been my saving grace. I managed to quit smoking, but probably wouldn't have if I hadn't been running to counter the anger issues that stemmed from the nicotine withdrawals. I'm about three months free, my running times are getting better, my family says I'm happier, and I'm looking better than ever. MFP has been a true, priceless tool for me.

Before (5 Years Ago) - 196
wwdd6gjptp4q.jpg

Current - 153.8
wbhw80impn28.jpg

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    wow- just amazing- so glad for your new life- ENJOY and keep up the good work!!! motivation is truly the key!
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up. :) Lucky guy.
  • millcreekr
    millcreekr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What dedication. You have done a fantastic job! Yes, My Fitness Pal has helped me immensely too. Best wishes on your wedding!
  • stacj27
    stacj27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss and your upcoming wedding. Your fiance and your new good habits are both keepers :)
  • SarahR2412
    SarahR2412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Well done! You look stunning!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! There's a huge difference everywhere but your face in particular is so beautiful now. Best wishes for your upcoming marriage.
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Congrats, keep it up! You do look amazing! Hope the wedding is splendid!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Fabulous commitment! Quitting smoking is SO tough, but you've done it. When I quit, I used exercise as a coping mechanism, too. Every time I wanted one, I'd walk around the block or 5 flights of stairs or squats at my desk, etc. Pretty soon the cravings were gone, but not the desire to keep exercising.

I'm sure you will be a beautiful June bride! Congrats!
  • mirelaavdich
    mirelaavdich Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look AMAZING :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!