HCG progress and updates - for people on it or thinking abou

Options

Replies

• fivefatcats
    Options
    YAY STEAK DAY!!!

161.0 today!!! (Down from 164.0 yesterday after a celebratory Saturday with tooooo much sweets and snacks)

THE PLAN:
    We have a wedding next Saturday but I don't expect that to interfere with my phase 3 eating. I don't have any trouble avoiding potatoes and breads , even at restaurants etc, so I will stick to the protein/meats, load up on the veggies, and hope they serve a huge salad (or I'll eat my husbands salad and mine!!) I also plan on having no more than ONE alcoholic drink, if any, and drinkiing lots of water. And maybe a bite of cake or sweets - A BITE.

That is the only social event we have planned for the remainder of the month - so the rest of the eating is up to me alone and I do well on my own.

Today will be the first of my three running days this week and I am planning on getting to the gym on Wednesday to pump a little iron - or alot of iron!!!

Good Monday Morning everyone!!!

And Good luck Amanda!
  • Gorgeous1
    Gorgeous1 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    @lioness
    sorry to hear you've been berated for following this protocol and having success. SCREW EM. :drinker:

@amanda
    This is a journey you will not soon forget. You will learn so much about yourself and your entire relationship with food will change. It's really quite an amazing plan that (IMO) addresses not only the obvious (helps you lose weight) but also, if done right, forces you to confront and conquer your entire ideas and food and where and how it fits into your life. You will stop having cravings (which NO diet I've ever done has been able to do). I went out to dinner with some friends about a week or so ago. They knew I was dieting but didn't know I was HCG. They were all concerned about "tempting" me. Hilarious. I was not tempted to eat the bread. Not tempted to eat the "salad". Not tempted to eat the mashed potatoes. Not tempted to eat the apple crisp I INSISTED they go ahead and order, since they wanted it. I ate a filet minon and drank probably 40 ounces of iced tea. My husband, who is NOT doing HCG just gets a kick out of how other people think they will tempt me by eating regualr foods because he knows I couldn't care less. And I've only been on the diet for 14 days.
    Congratulations on the beginning of an extraordinary journey!

___

My report: 14 VLCD days and 10 pounds down (including that pesky little TOM interruption). ONWARD!!!!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Hey Gorgeous1, it is not only because of doing the HCG plan that I am berated. Most of it comes from the fact that I am trying to remove all the unnecessary chemicals from our eating and yes I will tell anyone, NO you don't need to eat that or drink that and then give an explanation as to why I feel the way I do... Most of the harassment on this site comes from the fact that I do a low carb plan (before and after HCG)

Any whoooo................To my HCG girls..............my HCG was ruined by placing it near electromagnetic stuff. That is why I was so hungry!! I re-loaded this weekend and starting over. Lesson learned and money wasted........

Loaded this weekend and VLCD1 all over again.
  • Skinnytime
    Skinnytime Posts: 279
    Options
    Amanda, good luck today. Come and post to let us know how it goes.
    Traci, you have a good plan. Yea for the steak day! When you go to the wedding, watch out for the proteins and the veggies, too. Many caterers drown the veggies in butter or oil. You could be consuming more fat than you would in a burger if you ate them. Even the 'grilled" veggies have lots of oil on them. Same with the proteins. If they have a carving station, that will be your best bet. Even better, if this is a sit down dinner, the caterer can accommodate you with a special meal - is there a way to contact the bride and find out if they can do something steamed without butter or oil? If not, load up a plate of crudites during the cocktail hour and keep if during the meal. This way you can munch as others chow down.
    Gorgeous1, I strive to get to where you are regarding food. I can be good when I'm out with friends or my kids, but when my husband and I start talking about a cheat meal, well I have little will power.
    Saturday night we came close to a cheat meal, but I made our dinner anyway. Yesterday was different. Neither of us had the will power and I consumed a slice of pizza (so yummy) and some white meat KFC and potato wedges.
    Then, I had a huge asthma/allergy attack. That just proves to me how toxic this stuff is to my body. I think it takes a lot of little failures to lead me to success. Hopefully next time we talk about a cheat meal, I'll remember how I couldn't breathe and just say no.
    Needless to say, the scale is up today. I'm going to work out and stick to protocol. Hopefully this will not be a huge setback.

Lioness, good going on figuring out what was wrong. I hope this works better for you. And I know exactly what you mean about having different views. If you are not on board with the mainstream - 1,200 calorie a day min with adequate carbs then whatever you say just gets pounced on. I've learned the hard way just not to respond to the posts about calories or protein or calorie intake.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Thanks for the support ladies.............

When I sat down and talked to my Doctor and a dietician about HCG, low carb, etc............they told me with the way I eat, I shouldn't even have a weight problem...............but due to my hormone and Endocrine issues that is why I am not losing weight. HCG was suggested because it is low calorie, low fat and low carb to get my body lined out and working right again.............

The thing that made me even want to do this HCG thing is because:

Phase 1 - I got to eat all the junk I don't normally eat (even though it made me sick to eat it.........lol)

Phase 2 - Is a clean eating plan and restricted so you know exactly what you can eat and when to eat it and how to eat it.........it is low calorie, low fat and low carb.............

Phase 3 - Here, I can go back to eating the high fat, low carb way I was eating before I started HCG. My body should normalize here and I should feel good.

Phase 4 - Here I stick to my high fat, low carb eating - but I can add in an OCCASIONAL treat for myself and won't blow my weight over eating a slice of cheesecake when we go out to dinner on a weekend.

The above mentioned reasons are why HCG will work for me. The 4 phases are such that if you work the plan, it will work for you.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Well I'm back from my appointment. The protocol IS different from the original Simeon's. First off, 800-875 calories a day, not 500. Appitite suppressants for the first few days until the body gets used to ketosis, and no loading days (Boo?). Still sort of the same diet plan other than more calories and much more allowed foods. It seems a little more realistic to me, at least for me (Because of course everyone is entitled to their own ideas and opinions and healthy weight loss).

It is prescription strength natural HCG (taken from pregnant ladies urine... ick) which I have to mix myself and then fill the needles, etc. Not a big deal. And they've got chromium, calcium and a multi vitamin supplement as well.

I'm allowed to do some light excersize; walking the dog, light swimming, etc.

Breakfast today: 1 slice whole wheat toast, one orange and 4 oz skim milk.

Now to load up on water so I can not feel starving!
  • Skinnytime
    Options
    Good luck with your plan, Amanda. Sounds like you will do well.
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    Well I'm back from my appointment. The protocol IS different from the original Simeon's. First off, 800-875 calories a day, not 500. Appitite suppressants for the first few days until the body gets used to ketosis, and no loading days (Boo?). Still sort of the same diet plan other than more calories and much more allowed foods. It seems a little more realistic to me, at least for me (Because of course everyone is entitled to their own ideas and opinions and healthy weight loss).

It is prescription strength natural HCG (taken from pregnant ladies urine... ick) which I have to mix myself and then fill the needles, etc. Not a big deal. And they've got chromium, calcium and a multi vitamin supplement as well.

I'm allowed to do some light excersize; walking the dog, light swimming, etc.

Breakfast today: 1 slice whole wheat toast, one orange and 4 oz skim milk.

Now to load up on water so I can not feel starving!

Good luck!!!

I think my next round is going to be injections from my Naturopathic Doctor!!
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    F I N A L R E S U L T S ! ! ! ! ! !

Round 1's Phase 2 is in the books and here are my results:

Simeons HCG Protocol
    Starting weight: 242.4 lbs
    Week 1 results: 229.2 lbs (13.2 lbs lost)
    Week 2 results: 225.0 lbs (4.2 lbs lost, 17.4 lbs overall)
    Week 3 results: 219.4 lbs (5.6 lbs lost, 23.0 lbs overall)
    Week 4 results: 212.8 lbs (6.6 lbs lost, 29.6 lbs overall)
    End of Phase 2 results: 209.2 lbs (3.6 lbs lost, 33.2 lbs overall)
  • July24Lioness
    Options
    F I N A L R E S U L T S ! ! ! ! ! !

Round 1's Phase 2 is in the books and here are my results:

Simeons HCG Protocol
    Starting weight: 242.4 lbs
    Week 1 results: 229.2 lbs (13.2 lbs lost)
    Week 2 results: 225.0 lbs (4.2 lbs lost, 17.4 lbs overall)
    Week 3 results: 219.4 lbs (5.6 lbs lost, 23.0 lbs overall)
    Week 4 results: 212.8 lbs (6.6 lbs lost, 29.6 lbs overall)
    End of Phase 2 results: 209.2 lbs (3.6 lbs lost, 33.2 lbs overall)

Wow, Fantastic!!!

Way to go!! Now go stabilize in Phase 3!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • lorishines
    Options
    Hi everyone-

So - I hit a wall. In fact I had a one pound gain since this morning. So today is an apple day- even though I realize it is psychological! grr.

Has anyone else had an apple day or how did you handle a plateau?
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Lionesss, Sorry you had to start over, but your experience was a good lesson for the rest of us. I am no longer leaving my HCG in a dark spot in my living room near the laptop. Look at the bright side, you got two more loading days out of the deal!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Amanda, Good luck to you. Whatever works is the right plan for you to be on!!

There was a HCG-bashing thread active on the boards last night and after reading all the self-righteous know-nothings pontificate, I wisely decided there was no point in getting into a battle of wits with unarmed people!!:wink: So I said nothing.:drinker:

As for me, I attended our county fair yesterday. I was hoping they had a booth at the entrance for dieter's to have their jaws wired shut:noway: :laugh: :laugh: But, no luck.:ohwell: However, all was not lost. The friend I was with wanted to walk all the food options before deciding what she would have. She is not a dieter, but eats pretty healthy. We ran across a booth operated by a local Greek restaurant, and to my amazement, they had a made to order SALAD, with cukes, tomotoes, lots of greens, onions, and some feta on top. I ordered my dressing on the side, and it turned out well. I figured it would be less filling than the gyros my friend ordered, and no carby gyros wrap. So after the salad is when I made a conscious decision to be "naughty"--a piece of homemade sugar-free peach pie from a local religious group--VERY good.

Best news of all, got on the scale today and I DIDN'T GAIN--didn't lose either, but that didn't surprise me.

Keep up the fight everyone.

EDIT: PS--Congrats Rob on your success!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Gorgeous1
    Options
    Amanda, good luck today. Come and post to let us know how it goes.
    Traci, you have a good plan. Yea for the steak day! When you go to the wedding, watch out for the proteins and the veggies, too. Many caterers drown the veggies in butter or oil. You could be consuming more fat than you would in a burger if you ate them. Even the 'grilled" veggies have lots of oil on them. Same with the proteins. If they have a carving station, that will be your best bet. Even better, if this is a sit down dinner, the caterer can accommodate you with a special meal - is there a way to contact the bride and find out if they can do something steamed without butter or oil? If not, load up a plate of crudites during the cocktail hour and keep if during the meal. This way you can munch as others chow down.
    Gorgeous1, I strive to get to where you are regarding food. I can be good when I'm out with friends or my kids, but when my husband and I start talking about a cheat meal, well I have little will power.
    Saturday night we came close to a cheat meal, but I made our dinner anyway. Yesterday was different. Neither of us had the will power and I consumed a slice of pizza (so yummy) and some white meat KFC and potato wedges.
    Then, I had a huge asthma/allergy attack. That just proves to me how toxic this stuff is to my body. I think it takes a lot of little failures to lead me to success. Hopefully next time we talk about a cheat meal, I'll remember how I couldn't breathe and just say no.
    Needless to say, the scale is up today. I'm going to work out and stick to protocol. Hopefully this will not be a huge setback.

Lioness, good going on figuring out what was wrong. I hope this works better for you. And I know exactly what you mean about having different views. If you are not on board with the mainstream - 1,200 calorie a day min with adequate carbs then whatever you say just gets pounced on. I've learned the hard way just not to respond to the posts about calories or protein or calorie intake.

Hey Skinny time....it'll happen. I'm to the point right this second where Im eating only because I know I have to. It's become more of a burden than anything. I will say that this goes in waves though. I did this HCG diet two years ago (didn't do p3 and p4 and so i gained it back) . This is exactly what happened to me that time too. But then you'll have times when food is tempting (again) then it'll shift back to where it's not. The "burden" of eating, though, never went away for me while on HCG once it happened. And now the only thing I really look forward to eating is my fruit servings. I actually considered doing an apple day today just because I'd rather just eat 6 apples, not because I've stalled. Instead I'm eating chicken with garlic and asparagus for lunch today. Meh.
  • Gorgeous1
    Options
    Hey Gorgeous1, it is not only because of doing the HCG plan that I am berated. Most of it comes from the fact that I am trying to remove all the unnecessary chemicals from our eating and yes I will tell anyone, NO you don't need to eat that or drink that and then give an explanation as to why I feel the way I do... Most of the harassment on this site comes from the fact that I do a low carb plan (before and after HCG)

Any whoooo................To my HCG girls..............my HCG was ruined by placing it near electromagnetic stuff. That is why I was so hungry!! I re-loaded this weekend and starting over. Lesson learned and money wasted........

Loaded this weekend and VLCD1 all over again.

Yeah. People just don't want to hear that sort of thing mostly. And when they're "depriving themselves" anyway, they definitely don't want to hear about how they might do better to stop eating "Snack Wells" cookies and "Crystal Light". I guess I can understand it. To each his/her own. The fact is that food is noting more than a sophisticated chemical reaction. The better "stuff" you put in, the better. You can run your "car" on almost anything. But that doesn't mean your car will last very long or work very well while you drive it. Then there's the fact that our taste buds are so obliterated by fake foods and flavors. I had a japanese girlfriend who tasted a slice of regular bread in the USA and said it was super salty. We can't even taste the natural flavors of food anymore because we're so used to fake flavorings and MSG and bumped up, blown out super-flavors that a regular piece of the best meat in the world tastes "bland" to us with 68 rubbed-in encrusted spices all over it. We can't eat a piece of lobster without "drawn butter". And forget about vegetables!
    Oh well. To each his/her own. :flowerforyou:
  • Skinnytime
    Options
    That is so true. We did a vegetarian cleanse last year which was my wake up call to flavor. Real food - organic, minimally processed - has so much flavor. You don't need anything else.

But I slowly went down that slippery slope and wound up doing take out every night again. That won't happen this time. I am determined to stabilize properly so that my set-point is closer to where my natural weight used to be before children and fast food.
    And yes, I also find that my hunger ebbs and flows. Today, I've not been hungry at all, probably because of last night's binge.

I read the HCG bashing thread and did respond, as did Rob. I felt I needed to put something on there so as not to scare away people who were looking for real information.
  • 4everFalbo
    4everFalbo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats Rob! You had a great round. Are you planning on doing another?

I'm gonna go find that hcg bashing thread. I've read them before and it's amazing how many people judge something they know nothing about.
  • theshannondee
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am getting ready to start my HCG journey! Still figuring out quite where I would like to purchase my drops from. I would prefer premixed. Anyone have a great safe place you purchased from? You can message me if you prefer.
    Any good advice you wish someone had told you before starting? Love all the positivity. I am excited to start, just thought I would ask if anyone has some great suggestions for a newbie!
    Thank you! =)
  • MINIETA27
    Options
    Hi, I am on Slim Fast for 2 wks now I'm loosing weight (6 lbs ) but I am really hungry all day. Where can I ge HCG drops??
    Please help!!!
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Hi, I am on Slim Fast for 2 wks now I'm loosing weight (6 lbs ) but I am really hungry all day. Where can I ge HCG drops??
    Please help!!!

You can't add HCG to Slimfast and think you are on the Simeon's protocol. I suggest you do a google search and locate a copy of the "Pounds and Inches," in order to learn what the plan is all about. It is available from numerouse locations at no charge.

BTW, regardless of whatever else you do, get rid of the Slimfast. It is loaded with chemicals and too low in protein and too high in sugar to be a good option.
  • weaklink109
    Options
    Please help!!!

You can't add HCG to Slimfast and think you are on the Simeon's protocol. I suggest you do a google search and locate a copy of the "Pounds and Inches," in order to learn what the plan is all about. It is available from numerouse locations at no charge.

BTW, regardless of whatever else you do, get rid of the Slimfast. It is loaded with chemicals and too low in protein and too high in sugar to be a good option.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!