Replies

• sumayaiphone
    sumayaiphone Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Same here i want to know too
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Perhaps it gets more fluid in to your cells so you aren't as dehydrated?
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Headaches are often brought on by low energy levels... sugar/sugary foods provides very quick energy which can then make the headache go away.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Or you may be experiencing sugar withdrawal. Hence, you got 'well'.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It would be interesting to test your blood sugar before and after.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Is the sugar you're eating combined with caffeine, perchance?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Hypoglycemia can cause headaches. Diabetics are more likely to experience hypoglycemia than non-diabetics, but it isn't limited to diabetics. The low sugar level can be a result of producing too much insulin after a big meal. It can also be caused by improperly fueled workouts or simply not eating enough carbs. People who are obese are more likely to experience it. People who have had stomach surgery are more likely to experience it. If it is something that is occurring frequently, you should speak to your doctor.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Hypoglycemia can cause headaches. Diabetics are more likely to experience hypoglycemia than non-diabetics, but it isn't limited to diabetics. The low sugar level can be a result of producing too much insulin after a big meal. It can also be caused by improperly fueled workouts or simply not eating enough carbs. People who are obese are more likely to experience it. People who have had stomach surgery are more likely to experience it. If it is something that is occurring frequently, you should speak to your doctor.

It could be something along those lines like a reactive hypoglycemia. I had that but I never actually was going hypoglycemic. My BG was just falling so fast that my bodyreacted like I was hypoglycemic. I'd get the cold sweats, headaches, brain fog and shakes even when my BG was a nice normal 90.

Dehydration is another guess. Those who cut some carbs will lose electrlytes and water, a bit of sugar seems to fix it. But so would a salty glass of broth.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Cutting caffeine (goes away), cutting carbs really low (this is usually fixable and goes away), psychological reaction.

If you aren't cutting carbs really low, your body is getting just as much sugar, as it makes sugar from starch as well as getting sugar directly from foods and many foods we don't think of as "sugary" have sugar also.