lipotropic b12 injections

Has anyone ever taken the Lipotropic b12 injections?
if so what was your experience?

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    B12 injections are very helpful, if you're deficient in B12.
  • quastradamus
    quastradamus Posts: 9 Member
    I think I am. After the initial injection I felt a burst of energy and I was able to focus more on my studying!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    You think? I'm sure your doctor can run a blood test to confirm. Most medical professionals don't recommend injections to supplement for things you 'think' you're deficient in. Eat a balanced healthy diet, stick to your calorie goals, and move more. There is no magic potion. It's simple.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,116 Member
    I have b-12 anemia and I take shots monthly. I gained most of my weight while taking the injections and I lost the weight when I started eating at a calorie deficit. I don't notice the injections making me feel energetic as much as I notice that when I don't take them I have absolutely no energy. Taking them just makes me feel normal.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I have b-12 anemia and I take shots monthly. I gained most of my weight while taking the injections and I lost the weight when I started eating at a calorie deficit. I don't notice the injections making me feel energetic as much as I notice that when I don't take them I have absolutely no energy. Taking them just makes me feel normal.

Same. Pernicious anemia, vegetarian. But i'm now at the point that i take a daily oral b12 drops.

OP- As far as weight loss is concerned, you won't notice any real benefit unless you are suddenly moving around and burning more calories through exercise as a result of the energy.
  • quastradamus
    I may just be anemic but I noticed that when I took the first injection I was able to clean my whole house without resting. I need to get labs done because I had a miscarriage before and since then my energy has been low. The reason why I was asking was because I see so many Weight loss Clinics offering the injections. I see so many success stories. I've reached a plateau and I've begun to get desperate to lose these last 40 lbs.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    I may just be anemic but I noticed that when I took the first injection I was able to clean my whole house without resting. I need to get labs done because I had a miscarriage before and since then my energy has been low. The reason why I was asking was because I see so many Weight loss Clinics offering the injections. I see so many success stories. I've reached a plateau and I've begun to get desperate to lose these last 40 lbs.

if you're having a hard time losing the weight, start with the calories first.

i would say 99.9999999% of the time it's an issue of overeating calories and overestimating calories burned through exercise.
  • quastradamus
    That is true.. since I've started back on mfp.. I've been looking up different foods that I eat for lunch and dinner.
    I didn't realize how many calories I was consuming on a regular basis. I was eating at Moe's in the Food court of my job, I didn't realize how many calories I was eating for a taco by adding sour cream and etc.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

Keep in mind, weight loss clinics charge for all the "extra" services like injections, food plans, supplements, magic water, wraps, etc. But people who have success at those places lose because of the restricted calorie diet they're put on, not all the extras. They only give them credit because they paid so much money for them :wink:

You've already gotten great advice! I know it's hard to be patient, but it's the best thing you can do. Get to the doctor when you are able to get checked out for the energy issue, and hang in there!
  • quastradamus
    Thank you all for the great advice! I''ll stick to the old fashion way and just work it out! I just need to be patient.