Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Am I doing this right?

Your Suggested Fitness and Nutrition Goals

Congratulations! Your personalized diet and fitness profile is now complete. Based on your answers, here are your suggested nutrition and fitness goals.

NUTRITIONAL GOALS TARGET
Net Calories Consumed* / Day 1,780 Calories / Day
Carbs / Day 245 g
Fat / Day 59 g
Protein / Day 67 g
*Net calories consumed = total calories consumed - exercise calories burned. So the more you exercise, the more you can eat!
FITNESS GOALS TARGET
Calories Burned / Week 5,810 Calories / Week
Workouts / Weekends 6 workouts
Minutes / Workout 120 minutes
If you follow this plan...
Your projected weight loss is: 2 lbs/week
You should lose 10 lbs by August 29
GET STARTED NOW!

This is what MFP gave me after telling them i'm lightly active, and workout 90 min a day 6 times a week (Weights + Insanity)

I'm 6'2 220.

Is this correct?

Replies

• refinedredbird
    refinedredbird Posts: 209 Member
    I would change the carbs and protein intake. I would up my protein to about 1gram per lean muscle pound. Then the leftover should be the carbs, especially with weightlifting. Just my humble opinion though.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    The workout goals you set do not affect your calories. MFP is a NEAT calculator, so asking how often you workout is just to set goals for you to meet. The 1800 calories is for your weight loss under lightly active with no exercise. Every time you do an insanity workout, you need to log the calories burned and eat extra calories to account for the burns. I would probably reduce from trying to lose 2 lbs/week to 1 lbs/week given that you are relatively close to your setpoint weight, but the number you have seem ballpark accurate, provided you log all workouts.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    I would change the carbs and protein intake. I would up my protein to about 1gram per lean muscle pound. Then the leftover should be the carbs, especially with weightlifting. Just my humble opinion though.
    That too. I use a ratio of 40/30/30 carbs/protein/fat, which gives me above 1g per pound of lean body mass. You probably should be eating more protein.