need to lose weight, help!

Options
Hello, so I have a question in regards to calorie counting. I am trying to lose about 10 lbs for now and I am wondering if I stick with the recomended Cal deficit on the app how long before I lose weight? is the app accurate when it says if everyday were like today you will weigh blank in 4 weeks? I always start doing for a week and get discouraged when no pounds come off. I don't get it. how long does it take like a certain about of weeks before the pounds start coming off. I stop because I get discouraged when the weight doesn't Come off. obviously when I'm tracking I am super accurate in putting everything g in and eating clean. but I get inpatient and this that it won't work. help please

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Well you need more patience. Since you only have 10 lbs to lose you should only be losing about .5 lbs a week. You also need to be extremely accurate with your logging, doesn't matter if you are clean eating or not, it's about calories. Weight all your food on a food scale in grams for better accuracy and again, be patient.

ETA: this should take you 20 weeks.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    It takes more than a week to lose 10 pounds. Patience is needed. It took me 6 months to lose about 20 pounds of accurate calorie counting.
  • missmagnoliablossom
    missmagnoliablossom Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    You say you're super accurate - does that include using a food scale?

Also, "eating clean" has nothing to do with weight loss - it is something you may choose to do for your health (whatever your definition of that is) but the only thing that matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    until the rest of us can see your diary, I will say you're not super accurate and eating more than you think ..

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Patience. It should take about 10 weeks (or more) to lose 10 lbs. I would say stick it out for a couple weeks and you Should see a loss of a pound or two. Remember your weight fluctuates a lot based on so many things so don't be obsessive about weighing yourself. Once a week is fine.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    When you say you want to lose 10lbs for now, that throws things off. If you are very overweight or obese, you can lose those 10lbs fairly quickly. If, on the other hand, you don't have much to lose and 10-15lbs is it, then it'll take longer and you'll have to be very precise--weigh and measure all your food on a digital food scale, log everything you eat and drink.