Breakfast Help!

Options
I am in need of a new breakfast idea. I have been doing oatmeal/oat bran and egg whites for awhile but I'm getting really bored with it. I was thinking about using some cottage cheese for something (high protein) but I have never really used it for anything! Any help is appreciated :)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    What do you enjoy for other meals? You can eat whatever you enjoy for breakfast. I had leftover risotto this morning.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I like making breakfast sandwiches with English muffins, cheese, and either egg or avocado. Most days for breakfast, I have Greek yogurt with some homemade jam, bran cereal, and banana mixed in (sometimes nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, etc.)
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yogurt with sliced bananas and high protein granola is delicious.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Have you tried smoothies? I do kale, pineapple, blueberries, greek yogurt, and almond butter.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Smoothies with protein powder or greek yogurt. Chobani Simply 100 is a good one with low sugar.

English muffin with egg (whole or egg whites), cheese, turkey/pork bacon. I like to add some red peppers and onions to the egg as well.

Turkey sandwich with avocado on Dave's Killer Bread.

Greek yogurt with PB powder or fruit and granola. I like Bear Naked because it's lower sugar and still delicious. You could try subbing cottage cheese for the yogurt.
  • kms234
    kms234 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I forgot a good one :) Egg cups! I press a bit of hashbrowns in a muffin tin and bake until almost crispy. Add in an egg, veggies, and some cheese on the top and bake until the egg is no longer wiggly. They reheat really well and you can customize with whatever ingredients you like!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    kms234 wrote: »

Turkey sandwich with avocado on Dave's Killer Bread.

I LOVE Dave's Killer Bread- Good Seed is one of my favorites <3
  • anaxmann
    anaxmann Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with salt and pepper is good, but I also like it with various fruits added in (peaches, berries, pears).
    I don't do it much anymore, but I used to make a quiche on Sunday and eat it all week. Crust-less or alternative crusts help with the calories and you can add in whatever you have on hand (cottage cheese is a possible add-in). Now I eat a lot of sunny-side-up eggs (three or four each day) with various toppings (Parmesan cheese or lemon pepper seasoning or ketchup). I also like to make hoats (hemp hearts (and chia seeds and flax seeds) with water/milk and add-ins).
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have two breakfast options. 1 is eating a whole wheat english muffin with 1/3 of an avocodo and 3 scrambled egg whites in an open face sandwich and a cup of fruit. And the 2nd is my go to, 1/3 cup quick oats, 1 tsp honey, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp chia seeds, 1/2 cup skim milk, and 1/3 cup of a fruit (usually go for blueberries, but adding half a banana with 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract is really good too). And always a cup of tea, with good caffeine content to start off my day.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt topped with fiber one cereal is my fav. When I do cottage cheese, I top it when a handful of frozen blueberries the night before so its' thawed by breakfast time. I eat that as a treat some nights too. Yum!
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I've had salad for breakfast with eggs or sausage and beans or potatoes. I make this tasty creamy ginger dressing I'm obsessed with and love eating salad or even sauteed veggies with it. I feel full longer when I get a generous portion of veggies in at breakfast and some kind of legume. Maybe I swap out the protein for tofu or make it vegan with beans and rice.

Breakfast is the meal I've had to learn to change the most and incorporate more greens/veggies.
  • Angela_does_zumba
    Angela_does_zumba Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    All sorts of smoothie variations (fruit only, fruit + veggies, whatever is left in the fridge pretty much LOL), smoothie BOWLS, yogurt with fruit and nuts, egg fritatas with veggies in them, whole wheat pita bread with peanut butter and banana (my favorite). I've seen some recipes on pinterest of people creating these energy bars. There are so many types that I can't list them here.

Avocado toast, banana pancakes, all sorts of healthy mug cakes, nuts by themselves. Those are all the ideas I've actually done before for breakfast.
  • hannahhenryhaas
    hannahhenryhaas Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    A slice of Cinnamon Raisin Ezekiel bread with peanut or almond butter on it and a glass of milk.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs over sweet potato with a little bit of herb goat cheese. Mmmmm.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Add some protein powder to you oats and egg whites (all raw), whiz it up in a blender and make a pancake... Spread with PB and jam... Yum!
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Right now I've been digging kefir smoothie with a buckwheat waffle and PB.
    I don't really care for cottage cheese (texture) but with peaches or blueberries on top, its super good.