That 1 thing you cant give up?

Options
Myth
Myth Posts: 299 Member
Does anyone have that one thing that they completely just cave on. Do you still have did you find a substitute, how did/do you handle it? My problem is that one thing I am eating well drinking like its a life line. It is so wrong lol. I swear it is the cause of hindrance for weight loss. So why the he** so I continue to drink it! No idea just looking for your thoughts/advice.

Myth

Replies

• T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    maybe its Soda.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »
    maybe its Soda.

If that is the case, that's easy. Switch to diet soda, problem solved!

Nnnnnooooooooo! I am not going to say I understand all the science however there are plenty of independant sources that are convinced diet soda is not good for you. Check out some of the forums on MFP for starters and you can get links to sites that are not just hearsay.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    maybe its Soda.

Nnnnnooooooooo! I am not going to say I understand all the science however there are plenty of independant sources that are convinced diet soda is not good for you. Check out some of the forums on MFP for starters and you can get links to sites that are not just hearsay.

weight loss is about calorie deficit. you can do it eating twinkies all day. thats not healthy either. thats not the point here.
  • KateA2017
    KateA2017 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and salty chips.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'm not understanding what it is that you want to give up, or why you need to give it up. Is this particular drink putting you over your calorie goals? If so, telling us what it is would help us give you recommendations for substitutes. If it's not putting you over your calorie goals, why do you need to give it up?
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer. I do drink sugar free most of the time, but I make sure I'm super vigilant about tracking. Those little calories sure add up!!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Mayo. I try to limit it but I love it so much. lol
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Lately...cookies. I dream chocolate chip cookies..The taste...the delicious chewy texture....the melting chocolate chips ....I have a problem LOL i never craved cookies before ever now they have been all i can think about for a month lol. I tried to buy a small box (bakery fresh because if im givig in im making the calories worth it, not pre boked ones where theres WAY to many not worth it) And i ate all 10 ....couldnt stop lol. Learned my lesson im trying to just avoid them :(
  • Myth
    Myth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    WOW ok sorry did not mean to start this lol It is an iced coffee (now it sounds so silly wow) My problem is this iced coffee is over 350 calories 53 grams of crabs which is all sugar that is more than a snickers bar!!!! Now Im drinking 2 or 3 times a day which is NOT GOOD! It basically sabotages my day. I just cant figure out why when I got rid of it for so long did I go back to it knowing how bad it is.
    Sorry didnt mean to start something more serious.

Myth
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    maybe its Soda.

Like this one

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1

If soda was the issue, a switch to diet version is fine.

Since that wasn't the issue, I'd cut down on the sugar slowly while you get used to it. But then iced coffee never appealed to me anyway. I drink black coffee.
  • jwilk241
    jwilk241 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Myth wrote: »
    WOW ok sorry did not mean to start this lol It is an iced coffee (now it sounds so silly wow) My problem is this iced coffee is over 350 calories 53 grams of crabs which is all sugar that is more than a snickers bar!!!! Now Im drinking 2 or 3 times a day which is NOT GOOD! It basically sabotages my day. I just cant figure out why when I got rid of it for so long did I go back to it knowing how bad it is.

Myth

Yeah those super sugary Starbucks (and similar places) are really bad. If you must drink those types of drinks I'd recommend looking into sugar free syrups and milk alternatives. For example, my favorite drink at Starbucks is an Iced Coconut milk Mocha Macchiato (what a mouthful LOL). However, I swap out the white mocha sauce with sugar free mocha sauce which eliminates about 60 calories. I also started getting a small but adding an extra shot so it's the same amount of espresso as a medium and just the size difference saves me about another 70 calories. Simple things like that can greatly reduce the amount of calories and sugar while allowing you to still have your treat coffee.

• alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Myth wrote: »

Myth

Is it the caffeine that you can't give up? Or do you just like the taste of the iced coffee? I've been buying Iconic Protein- they have a coffee flavor, which compares to an iced coffee pretty well- good macros too- 20 grams of protein and only 8 carbs. There are also some pretty good protein powders that are coffee flavored mixed with a little almond milk, or even regular milk and some ice might be a good solution!
    Also, if your into lattes, etc. (like I am) I just get a skinny version of the regular drink and usually the smallest size.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I haven't needed to give it up, though. I eat chocolate just about every night for dessert.