Anyone doing PiYo ?

Options
Hi !
On Day 2 of Piyo
Would love some friends who are also doing it, or have in the past or are planning on starting ;)

Come on ! You know you want to !! ;)

Replies

• emmaD3854
    emmaD3854 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I loved piyo it's a really good work out but easy on your joints.
  • MountainMinimizer
    MountainMinimizer Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it!
  • Lifeisrightnow
    Lifeisrightnow Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know eh ! I love it too. It is HARD, but a good hard, one that makes you feel like a warrior after. :) I feel my body thanking me after a session.
    @LynnMarieHas... : I think you should think your way to doing it with me ! ;)
  • December1979
    December1979 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PiYo! I completed it last year but I continue to do it. It's my favourite workout. I have a bad lower back so this is my best option. And I love Chalene, she is so motivating!
  • Lifeisrightnow
    Options
    Me too !! Chalean ROCKS !!!! I have done all her workouts, never found one of heres I didn't like.
    Please feel free to add me for mutual support and accountability ! :)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Just bought and reviewed all of the DVDs but haven't actually done any of the routines myself yet.

I like the Core and Buns routines best and plan to incorporate them (Core on Tue and Buns on Thu) into my 4 day/wk lifting, 3 day/wk body weight and 2 day/wk rowing programs soon.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Those that have done Piyo consistently or have completed either of the rotations that came with the system, what results have you seen? I purchased it when it first came out few years ago, have done each DVD once, but have never done it consistently. You know....too many other workouts, too little time. :)
  • Lifeisrightnow
    Options
    I'd also love to hear about PiYo results out there.
    I vow to share mine with you after my 60 days :)
    I am on Day 4 :)
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'd also love to hear about PiYo results out there.
    I vow to share mine with you after my 60 days :)
    I am on Day 4 :)

Good luck! I'm looking forward to reading about your progress and results.
  • emilyvesta4
    emilyvesta4 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I did PiYo, and when I actually stuck to the schedule and had a healthy diet, and everything else, it worked super well. It gets really tough, but push through (Sweat is not the worst workout, trust me). I am honestly considering doing it again. :smile:
  • Lifeisrightnow
    Options
    @Alpha12 Thanks for your encouragement !!!

@emilyvesta4 You've just motivated me that much more ! :) I have done a few of the workouts mixing it up here and there with running and I found Drench to be quite the challenge ! But I know, I know, the more you do it, the better you get at it. So I am keeping on ! I think you should join me...... ;)
    Come on ! Dare ya ! lol
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I get that there is a "schedule" provided with the PiYo program but I don't see it as a "do it once and you're done" kind of thing.

Seems to me that it's most effectively used CONTINUALLY as a stretching/strength development program in conjunction with other things that you do in your exercise routine. At least that's how I'm planning on using it.
  • Lifeisrightnow
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »
    I get that there is a "schedule" provided with the PiYo program but I don't see it as a "do it once and you're done" kind of thing.

Seems to me that it's most effectively used CONTINUALLY as a stretching/strength development program in conjunction with other things that you do in your exercise routine. At least that's how I'm planning on using it.

Completely agree with what you're saying.
    That being said, this time, I want to follow the 60 day program to see to improvement and then yes, incorporate it into my running and other workout routine :)
  • LiveLaughLove1969
    LiveLaughLove1969 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    On Day 2 of Piyo
    Would love some friends who are also doing it, or have in the past or are planning on starting ;)

Come on ! You know you want to !! ;)

Hello, are you still doing PIYO? How's it going ?
    I have it but haven't been consistent and need to get into it ☺️

• WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love PiYo because it gets all "cardio" and I hate doing standard cardio with a passion. And it's more exciting than my Pilates class. My instructor is a fabulously energetic Irish girl who makes class so much fun. I wish they had more on the schedule, though. I've never done it at home.
  • SarahPashalides
    SarahPashalides Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've intermittently done Piyo and it is by far one of my favorite workouts. My goal is to be more consistent and follow the plan provided. I'm also going to add a HIIT or cardio day a few times per week.