Intermittent fasting

Options
1234568»

Replies

• RawMomma10
    RawMomma10 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Kicking butt!!! I am on week 4 of if 16:8...

Loving it so far! Found a cool tracker if anyone’s interested...

https://lifefastingtracker.app.link/lu9hXjj1hO
  • Stud47
    Stud47 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 yo man and today is Day 5 of intermittent fasting (IF). I'm doing 20/4 IF and really like it.

Friday 3th August : 188 lbs

Round 49 (#1) - 186 lbs

8/06 - 186 lbs I started my IF
    8/07 -
    8/08 - 184.74 (-1.26)
    8/09 - 184.52 (-0.22)
    8/10- 184 (-0.52)
    8/11
    8/12
    8/13
    8/14
    8/15

See u
  • Stud47
    Options
    oups no round here :) cant edit my post. Anyway where are you Intermittent faster fan? :) I lost 2 lbs so far in 4 days. today is my 5th day. No hunger, not tired and i feel very well. Yesterday i had to work at my office late until 6:30PM so i did 22,5 / 1,5 instead of 20/4.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Stud47 wrote: »
    oups no round here :) cant edit my post. Anyway where are you Intermittent faster fan? :) I lost 2 lbs so far in 4 days. today is my 5th day. No hunger, not tired and i feel very well. Yesterday i had to work at my office late until 6:30PM so i did 22,5 / 1,5 instead of 20/4.

But how how many calories a day are u eating?
  • Stud47
    Options
    Rightt now i'm eating 1500 calories but i do lot of fast walking (an average of 400 cal per day). With IF 1500 cal is a lot of food.
  • Stud47
    Options
    Thanks Paul
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    Rightt now i'm eating 1500 calories but i do lot of fast walking (an average of 400 cal per day). With IF 1500 cal is a lot of food.

No it's not. It's the bare minimum and actually undereating when you count your walking.

It really isn't a lot - I naturally IF (I have never been a breakfast person) and yesterday I consumed over 2000 calories for the day.
  • sandicrouch1
    sandicrouch1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m new to this, and curious...what exactly is a calorie deficit? How does one determine one?
  • Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I’m new to this, and curious...what exactly is a calorie deficit? How does one determine one?

Its the difference between your basic metabolism rate BMR (the amount of calories your body needs to function well) and your daily calories intake.
    Lets Say a woman aged 28 5'7 and 75 kg has a BMR : 2395.99 calories per day so if she eats only 1500 cal per day, that makes a deficit of 895 cal that helps to lose weight.
    U have to calculate your BMR before setting goals. Your BMR and deficit must consider many factors such as age, gender, weight, height and also your activity level.
    U Can calculate your BMR here:
    http://caloriecounter.io/calculators/daily-calories-calculator.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwh9_bBRA_EiwApObaOAI1RyFhln_Qz3RTCPyIIZ3v03PuFafU3eXprB0Qor5sgrEG_xEqtRoC3IcQAvD_BwE
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

Its the difference between your basic metabolism rate BMR (the amount of calories your body needs to function well) and your daily calories intake.
    Lets Say a woman aged 28 5'7 and 75 kg has a BMR : 2395.99 calories per day so if she eats only 1500 cal per day, that makes a deficit of 895 cal that helps to lose weight.
    U have to calculate your BMR before setting goals. Your BMR and deficit must consider many factors such as age, gender, weight, height.
    U Can calculate your BMR here:
    http://caloriecounter.io/calculators/daily-calories-calculator.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwh9_bBRA_EiwApObaOAI1RyFhln_Qz3RTCPyIIZ3v03PuFafU3eXprB0Qor5sgrEG_xEqtRoC3IcQAvD_BwE

You are confusing BMR with TDEE.

BMR is doing nothing while in a fasted state, it is not your total or normal calorie needs.

MyfitnessPal estimates your BMR when you do your initial set up, multiplies it by an amount to cover your normal activities (job & lifestyle) excluding exercise (that's why the daily goal is plus exercise).
    That gives you an estimate of your daily non-exercise day calorie needs to maintain your current weight - you then select a desired rate of lose and the approximate number of calories are subtracted to give you your weight loss calorie goal. 1lb/week selected loss would see 500 calories subtracted from your maintenance amount.

A TDEE site estimates your BMR, multiplies it by a combined exercise and activity multiplier to give you an daily goal that averages out your exercise.
  • Stud47
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hi guys who is still doing intermittent fasting? I started my IF on monday 6th August, so its my day 14, my energy level increased a lot, my digestion has improved a lot and i really love this healthy lifestyle. Starting weight monday 6: 186 lbs today 20 August : 180.78 lbs so 5.22 lbs Lost so far. I do lift dumbells, biking, full bodyworkout so i gained muscles.

This topic is for intermittent fasting followers so lets support eachothers.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good job! I like IF also - I do two days usually during the week 16:8 or sometimes 24 hr just depends on what my body wants
  • Stud47
    Options
    Yes losergood its good to listen to our body and adjust everything depends on it's need. I usually do 20/4 but with social life and work i do sometimes 16/8. I have already tried 3 days water fasting last year, i really like it but its not good for long term lifestyle. Never tried 24h intermittent fasting though, i prefer 4 hours window or 6 hours for 2 or tree meals.

See you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!