will MFP adjust daily calories/macros as you lose weight?

Since your daily calories goal is based on your starting weight, will that number be adjusted down as you lose weight? I've only lost 15 lbs so far, but I imagine if my starting weight had been 15 lbs lower I would have been given slightly fewer calories.

Replies

• A_Rene86
    A_Rene86 Posts: 141 Member
    No, you'll have to adjust it manually as you lose. I would suggest recalculating after 15
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Glad I asked, thank you!
  • carriebeary8
    carriebeary8 Posts: 8 Member
    Actually that answer isn't correct. It adjusted automatically for my husband when we put his new weight in.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Actually that answer isn't correct. It adjusted automatically for my husband when we put his new weight in.

The program should have presented an advisory that by entering the updated weight in the Goals area of the mobile apps, or the Goals section of the web version, that the goals will be recalculated. The recalculation may or may not result in an updated Calorie goal.

If a user updates their weight only in the Progress area of the mobile app, or the Check-in section of the web version, the goals will not be automatically updated.

​Please see this article, and search for answers to Frequently Asked Questions and other helpful articles, on the MFP Help/FAQ pages...

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/280597-will-my-goals-change-if-my-weight-changes-
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    I only keep track of my weight in the check-in section, so I guess this advisory doesn't show up there. I have not changed my goal settings, since my goal hasn't changed, just my weight. Thanks for your replies!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Mine goes down automatically. I started at 1500+ (those were the days) and am now down to 1360, oh well!