The Thinner I Get, The Fatter I Look

Options
LAWoman72
LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
Okay, just...what the hell?

60 lbs. ago, when I started losing weight, I thought I was starting to look quite good! Ooh look, I'm getting a waist, oh my face looks better, blah blah.

But lately I think I just look frickin' fat! I feel like a blob.

It's kind of like...bear with me. When I was really big but losing, I looked like a fat person whom was "doing something about it" and "starting to look great!"

But now at ALMOST a normal weight I look like someone who was thin, but is now letting herself go.

Or I could just be crazy?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    Okay, just...what the hell?

60 lbs. ago, when I started losing weight, I thought I was starting to look quite good! Ooh look, I'm getting a waist, oh my face looks better, blah blah.

But lately I think I just look frickin' fat! I feel like a blob.

It's kind of like...bear with me. When I was really big but losing, I looked like a fat person whom was "doing something about it" and "starting to look great!"

But now at ALMOST a normal weight I look like someone who was thin, but is now letting herself go.

Or I could just be crazy?

Being overweight's like, being pregnant but the pregnancy belly & thus it's retraction occurs especially, where genetically you were predisposed to put upon any excess then; add aging & voila!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I was just going to say, that's exactly how I felt the first six months I was pregnant :lol: And after.

I'm about 30-40 pounds from goal (haven't decided yet) but I can't say I feel worse now than when I started. You're probably being a bit hard on yourself.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I'm actually feeling similar now.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    You are likely being unfairly critical of your body. I bet if you posted progress pictures we would all be telling you how much better you look
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Your mind is playing tricks. Mine does too. I lost over 60 pounds and have maintained that for over a year now. Some days I feel fat. I know I'm not, but I do feel like it.

I saved a pair of fat pants and a couple tops. They are super reminders of how big I was and how I'm not going back to that size.

Over this winter I gained about 5 pounds but I'm leaner, a bit broader in the rear because I've been running and trying to build up muscle since I was skinny-fat last fall after my big loss.

Love yourself. You've done a great job. Please do NOT sabotage your success by feeling inadequate.
  • DapperDassie
    DapperDassie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Strength training and exercise really helps with body composition. I notice when i stop training for a weel i start to feel flabbier even when I've lost lbs over the week
  • tsortsor
    tsortsor Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I always look fat
  • Halaawat82
    Halaawat82 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats@Jimb376mfp !! I agree with all. Yes mentally it takes time to psychologically adapt to the change....its like losing a love one..it leaves you that unhappy feeling. Sure theres no more suffering but whats left behind isnt always quite the same. You now have to deal with loose skin that weights cannot tone or tighten. If you lost more than 40+ lbs and have a kangaroo pouch, you know what im talking about. But i guess in the end its like jimb376mfp said concentrate on what youve conquered and let it continue to fuel your road to a better you. Because after all, you are doing it for yourself, right?
  • mechell007
    mechell007 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No, you're definitely not alone! Your brain is a jerk. My brain is a jerk. Shut up, you jerks.
    All the yes.
  • hunnah0922
    hunnah0922 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do you feel better? If so, then you are doing the right thing. I know it the past I've lost weight and it felt like I was fatter. I agree with everyone here. I think it's your mind. I'm sure you get compliments about how you look awesome. Just keep it up. Don't be too hard on yourself!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone.

Yes, I do feel better. I can cross my legs. I can curl up in a chair with a book. I'm not dripping sweat. I can run around all over the place and not feel exhausted and winded. I can wear cute clothes.