Calling all who count macros for weight loss

Options
I've just started to count macros and I'm not quite sure how to make it all work. How to divide it all evenly and get the necessary amounts to help me lose weight. I'm way high in one category and low in another. I'm eating fairly healthy so I'm just confused at how to make it work.
I'd love to see what a typical day looks like for you. What you eat to make the calculations as even as possible (if that even IS possible)

Thank you for your help

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    What are your macro splits?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Calories for weight loss. Macros for health/nutrition/satiety.

My macros are 45/30/25 but often I end up with a bit less carbs and a bit more fat, because peanut butter.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Calories for weight loss. Macros for health/nutrition/satiety.

My macros are 45/30/25 but often I end up with a bit less carbs and a bit more fat, because peanut butter.

This. My split is 60% carbs, 25% protein, and 15% fat, give or take. Rarely will you hit each macro on the head everyday, but it's fun to try. That is what makes me happy and healthy.
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My split is 50 carbs, 30 fat, 20 protein (per fitness trainer) And i actually did pretty good today surprisingly. 53, 26, 21..

Thanks for replying guys! I appreciate it. I just want to know if I'm doing it right. I would ask my trainer but there's like 30 other people in the class and i figured i could get a response here.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    How many of each do you eat in grams?
  • Timby003
    Timby003 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on Keto diet..I'm 5% carb/70% fat/25% protein
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    my split is about 50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fat (protein is consistent at 130g a day)
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging your food and looking at your grams/percentages each day. You'll get closer and closer and finally you'll hit them +/- 5 and it will be easy to hit your targets from that point on :) Just have to experiment with different foods until you get there. My split is 30% carbs, 35% protein, 35% fat. I always fall short of my fat and go over on my protein. Trying to correct that.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Mine are 40/30/30.

When I first started I worried about hitting only my protein number. This made it easier to move into macro counting and less overwhelming. My other numbers just fell where they may, and sometimes still do.

I find the 40/30/30 split to be the easiest to maintain. I get in plenty of protein without saying bye-bye to all of my favorites. I like the higher fat because of hormones and bathroom reasons (along with 22-25 grams of fiber).
  • LotusCass
    LotusCass Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've just started counting macros too. Mainly because other times I've counted calories only and not been able to maintain the weight loss. Hopefully by considering macros I can lost the weight more slowly but keep it off. I worked it out by doing a few different PT's online calculators and taking the averages. It's worked out at 1500 calories, 40% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fat. I started that 2 weeks ago and have lost 1kg in that time. I'm mostly focusing on the protein as I find that the hardest to get the right balance for.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter!! My diary is open if you want to see mine. I don't really aim for a specific split but prefer to overindex on protein and fat vs. carbs, because eating more carbs seems to result in me being hungrier.
  • pancholina
    pancholina Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I've started on Keto and some days I hit my macro and some days I don't. It's taken a lot of checking my nutrition scores after each meal and planning for the next meal accordingly. Some meals have worked out great and we try to keep those in stock weekly.