Last few pounds motivation

Options
Hey there!
I started at a weight of about 168 lbs at 5'7".
I'm currently hovering around a weight of about 148 lbs for the last month or so with some fluctuations.
My final goal is to get down to maintaining somewhere in between 140 and 145 lbs, but I'm losing motivation.

My question: How did you stay motivated for the last few pounds to get to maintenance?

Also, I need to pick up being more active again. I've essentially stopped exercising and that hasn't done me any good... Maybe suggest more fun ways to get exercise/activity in?

Thanks for your input!

Replies

• tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I figure if I'm at a healthy weight, and happy with my life, and happy with my food intake, chasing an extra 3 to 5 lbs probably isn't worthwhile.

What thou have too do is examine your own motives to lose those pounds and then decide if the goal is worth the sacrifices you must make to get there. Therein will lie your motivation (our acceptance).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've been stuck on the last 5 lbs (now 10) for the last 3 years, so I hear you, lol! Obviously can't really answer that one (although I was motivated and was 2 lbs away until I went on vacations and my hunger hormones reset and left me hungry all the time).

For exercise.. just find something that you enjoy. I don't like strength training, for example, so I limit myself to doing 30 push ups every other day (although I started lifting weights a bit again yesterday)... that only takes a few minutes. Then I walk a lot, because I actually enjoy it. I go to the gym and watch the TV shows I would watch anyway on the treadmill or elliptical, it's better than the couch. Then I go for walks (with or without the dog). Or if I have 15 free minutes at home with nothing to do I'll just do loops in my house (I'm lucky it's designed this way though).

I average 20k steps a day and it's the only way I haven't regained the weight because I love eating too much (and I have a huge sweet tooth).