Hello Fresh

Does anyone use a meal delivery service? Has it helped your success?

Replies

• lessfoodmoreexercise
    lessfoodmoreexercise Posts: 11 Member
    I've used hello fresh! The meals were all easy to make, healthy, and delicious. They all had the calorie information clearly on the recipe sheet, and I was able to eat it and stay within my calorie limit. The only downside is that you don't get to choose what meals they send you, although this might help you discover something new you like.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Hello fresh is very over priced. It is more expensive than me shopping at local farm shops.
  • Blitzia
    Blitzia Posts: 205 Member
    I've used blue apron. Some of their recipes are higher calorie than I'd like, but the upside is that I've found a couple of recipes that were super filling and that I've made again. (Plus, when I make it the second or third time, I can usually make some substitutions that make it lower calorie.)

I've also tried home chef - they seem to be higher calorie than blue apron. I hope to try hello fresh soon, I just wish they showed more than one week of upcoming recipes.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    We had a free trial. The food was OK but the Mrs is a good cook and can do better on her own. We were shocked how wasteful the packaging was: a tiny jar of mustard, a bag of 2 stalks of celery, etc.