Not losing anymore...

Options
mehreen_xo
mehreen_xo Posts: 78 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys I hope you're all well and your weight loss or gain is going great unfortunately for it's the opposite at the moment. I have so far lost 47 lbs but I'm not losing anymore at ALL. I started the journey back in November 2016 and I'm so proud for losing so much but for about a month I've lost nothing despite warily 1200cals and working out about 3x a week! It's so frustrating. I'm 5'3 female and 141lbs currently. My ultimate goal weight is about 125. Please if anyone has experienced anything similar help me out!! Thank you for your time everyone :)

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How accurate is your calorie counting? When you get down to last bits, accuracy is paramount.
  • mehreen_xo
    edited May 2017
    Options
    How accurate is your calorie counting? When you get down to last bits, accuracy is paramount.

I'd like to think it's pretty accurate tbh... but then again I have been a bit more lenient nowadays compared to before.. hmmm maybe I need to really knuckle down thank you for your response
  • mehreen_xo
    Options
    On top of what was said above, the last little bit is the hardest to lose because you're not (at least you shouldn't be) eating as much of a deficit. So it takes a lot longer to drop the weight.

It took me six months to lose 10 pounds. It was all about consistency.

Ahhh yes I know BMR is significantly lower than before now, I forget this plays a part! Ohhh really okay I guess it's not just me and it's normal then.. it is just really frustrating but thank you I will continue to eat well and exercise because as you said, it's all about consistency! :)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You need to really tighten up on your logging. Weigh every slice of bread, cereal bar etc.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Update your calorie intake on mfp under goals. Also adjust to 1/2 pounds per week since you have 15 pounds left.

Weigh everything with a food scale.

Are you measuring and taking pics to see progress as well?
  • mehreen_xo
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    Update your calorie intake on mfp under goals. Also adjust to 1/2 pounds per week since you have 15 pounds left.

Weigh everything with a food scale.

Are you measuring and taking pics to see progress as well?

Okay I will do that thank you - and tonne quite honest I stopped taking pictures a while ago, but I do measure and my waist has gone down about an inch in the past month but everywhere else has pretty much stayed the same. I will carry on and just have hope :)
  • EricExtreme
    EricExtreme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Our body adapts to our exercise and eating routines. It is often beneficial to change things up. Change up cardio routines. Use HIIT. Have a few hundred more calories for a handful of days. Keep your body guessing.