I always feel tired after an intense workout. How can I prevent it?

Options
I always feel fatigue after a workout. Are they any foods which can minimise tiredness after workout?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ease off the intensity if you don't want to feel so tired?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I increase my carbs before and after an intense work out
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I think that's pretty normal for a high intensity workout which is why I vary the intensities of my workouts throughout the week. I do one sprint interval session on my bike trainer weekly and it's a thrashing. I balance that out with tempo rides, recovery rides, etc. Not every workout has to be a sufferfest, and really shouldn't be...

I'm also pretty wiped after a long endurance ride...usually have a chocolate milk.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I always feel fatigue after a workout. That's to be expected after an intense workout. If you are feeling fatigue after a "normal" intensity workout then something is wrong (programing, diet, recovery.....)

Are they any foods which can minimise tiredness after workout? Eating enough generally I would put at #1 and then carbs for performance. 4:1 ratio of carbs to protein would be my choice to aid recovery after particularly long and/or intense work.

• DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Take a nap
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Good luck, that's just the way it works.
  • dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Fatigue or just run down? Or like I must sleep now or else sort of thing?
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Why would you not expect to feel tired after an intense workout? If you don't, odds are it was not intense.
  • ColoradoChlo
    ColoradoChlo Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Drink BCAA's, drink water, and eat protein to replenish what your body needs right away.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I started having a cup of coffee pre workout. Really helped me power through my workout more. Usually have a protein shake and higher protein meal right after.

Works for me, don't feel like I'm dragging through the day.

Also get a good sleep in.