When ya can't help thinking ya caught a catfish

Options

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Tell them to go on Webcam or send a pic with your user name and the date. If they say no, they are a catfish. Every person on this site has either a phone or a Webcam

I would say no to that and I am not a fish
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately yes. And it's not just here. I don't get it. Maybe I'm sending a vibe that I'm not aware I'm sending.

Well sorry your having to put up with that. Some people just don't have any moral code

I'm sure other people get it worse than me. But it kinda makes me want to just give up on humanity.

I think some people are just highly sexual and use it as a means of getting attention etc it satisfies something in them. They are obviously not your type lol but I wouldn't take it personally, people are strange

I don't. It obvious the head in their pants is bigger than their brain so it all makes sense.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    I often wish someone would catfish me
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    That said, I have come across two different women's risque pictures from MFP on adult sites. I contacted both to let them know, although they might not have been catfished, whom ever the guys where who received the pics did not have the best of intentions. That stuff is BS to me. Awkward conversations, but I'd rather they know.

Honestly, I'm surprised that anyone here would politely contact others here to let them know something like this had happened to their pictures. That is pretty cool of you, so respect for that.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Unfortunately yes. And it's not just here. I don't get it. Maybe I'm sending a vibe that I'm not aware I'm sending.

Well sorry your having to put up with that. Some people just don't have any moral code

Didn't you say you live with a boyfriend, or partner as they call them in the UK? If so, why the temptation to privately correspond with some guy on MFP or any other site?

Sorry is that question directed at me ?

Yes. Maybe I'm a tad old fashioned, but when I had common law, live-in romances with men, this sort of thing would have been considered a form of infidelity, or at least an open door welcoming in the potential for infidelity. Easy enough to just not take the bait, no?

Well it was a guy saying he was looking for a bit of support and I felt he was genuine to start with. Iv had a few beers so I totally accepted his request. Not expecting anything other than helping out someone and maybe they could help me but after 2 short messages he requested my mobile number so we could chat that way instead of on here. My spidey senses tingled straight away as I myself would never ask a complete stranger for their telephone number just so we can keep tabs on each other's flabby bits. But I also didn't want to judge too harshly incase i was wrong, maybe it's a common practice im unaware of, basically I didn't listen to my first instincts I was seeking out help to clarify it for me.

I feel like iv made a song and dance about it now but better to ask when your unsure

I would definitely have thrown up a wall and got a bit defensive. If he was serious on getting support to be healthy, he'd be on this site daily to log his food and workouts. Keeping conversations here should be good enough if he was for real.
  • Sera515
    Sera515 Posts: 9 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    If you don't think the photo is the person just ask them. (I personally would never ask someone that, because I see it as none of my business). I just assume it's them. Whether it is or isn't, isn't going to affect my life one way or another. OR you can always do a - >right click >search Google for this image. It may or may not show up.

No one here is under any obligation to show a pic of themselves. It's totally up to them. You can ask them to video chat or Skype or whatever but just because they may say no, doesn't mean they are a fake.

Never ever give out your phone number or email. Unless you know them super well and trust them.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    OP,

Are you an apple pretending to be an Avocado?
  • JLAJ81
    Options

Didn't you say you live with a boyfriend, or partner as they call them in the UK? If so, why the temptation to privately correspond with some guy on MFP or any other site?

Yes. Maybe I'm a tad old fashioned, but when I had common law, live-in romances with men, this sort of thing would have been considered a form of infidelity, or at least an open door welcoming in the potential for infidelity. Easy enough to just not take the bait, no?

Well it was a guy saying he was looking for a bit of support and I felt he was genuine to start with. Iv had a few beers so I totally accepted his request. Not expecting anything other than helping out someone and maybe they could help me but after 2 short messages he requested my mobile number so we could chat that way instead of on here. My spidey senses tingled straight away as I myself would never ask a complete stranger for their telephone number just so we can keep tabs on each other's flabby bits. But I also didn't want to judge too harshly incase i was wrong, maybe it's a common practice im unaware of, basically I didn't listen to my first instincts I was seeking out help to clarify it for me.

I feel like iv made a song and dance about it now but better to ask when your unsure

So can I have your number?
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    1. You should tell us who he is. Maybe someone else has had the same experience and can help.
    2. Verifying that a person is using their own photos doesn't mean they are a good person worth trusting.... Maybe nothing else they are telling you is true. Everything they say could be made up.
    3. Don't give people on the internet your phone number. If MFP communication isn't sufficient then they want more than support and motivation

And yours?
  • bdbfangirl20
    bdbfangirl20 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If they cant videochat, call you, or snap you they are catfishing you.
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »

1. You should tell us who he is. Maybe someone else has had the same experience and can help.
    2. Verifying that a person is using their own photos doesn't mean they are a good person worth trusting.... Maybe nothing else they are telling you is true. Everything they say could be made up.
    3. Don't give people on the internet your phone number. If MFP communication isn't sufficient then they want more than support and motivation

And yours?

I like it, strike while the iron is hot lol

0891 5o 40 991

You might get voicemail I'm a busy gal

This seems fake...are you some type of feline fish?
    And yours?

I already catfished you....

Damn you to hell!
    jtegirl1 wrote: »

Not true. I don't video/video chat or snap and I'm not a catfish. As for the calling, if someone can't call, doesn't mean they're a catfish. It usually means they're married or in a relationship. lol

That's why I can't talk on the phone! I'll call you later :wink:
  • JLAJ81
    Options

And yours?

I like it, strike while the iron is hot lol

0891 5o 40 991

You might get voicemail I'm a busy gal

This seems fake...are you some type of feline fish?
    And yours?

I already catfished you....

Damn you to hell!

Not true. I don't video/video chat or snap and I'm not a catfish. As for the calling, if someone can't call, doesn't mean they're a catfish. It usually means they're married or in a relationship. lol

That's why I can't talk on the phone! I'll call you later :wink:

you know my number..... 867-5309 ;)

You are not Jenny!
  • JLAJ81
    Options
    I often wish someone would catfish me

Remember this? Beggers can't be choosers. Maybe next time a hot chick will catfish you :p

I demand a selfie to prove you aren't who you say you aren't!