Reward system

Options
2»

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my reward was getting rid of an abusive ex and finding a wonderful man.

in all seriousness though (well, i actually am serious with that but whatever LMAO) no, i dont have a reward. My reward is losing weight, feeling better, feeling stronger, moving down in sizes and measurements.

those are my rewards.
  • xmissxamyx
    xmissxamyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I did the whole "when I reach X weight, i'll buy XX" type reward thing and it kept me motivated for a little bit, but not for long. Because I always knew in the back of my mind I could really just go out and buy that item whenever I wanted to no matter what my size was and if I wanted it bad enough I often would just think 'bugger this I'm having it now'. Being able to fit into smaller sized clothes was good and I did go a bit crazy "rewarding" myself with a bunch of nice clothes, but then I fell back into bad habits and ended up gaining 10kgs and of course none of the other stuff fit me so I not only felt bad that I gained weight but that I had wasted so much money buying clothes that no longer fit me, and having to spend more money buying clothes in the bigger sizes again.

Now I'm just trying to look at this as a thing that I do forever, it's not a limited time thing that has a deadline and a reward system, where I get treats if I do "good" and nothing if im "bad" it doesn't help in the long run I don't think to always be dependent on an external reward for doing something that should be a natural way of life.