After baby

Options
Hey all!!! I just joined after a friend recommended this site to me. So far I love the calorie/exercise counter. Last year when my husband and I decided to try for a baby and I went off birth control I gained 32 pounds in 3 months. So when I found out I was pregnant I was much heavier and I was already trying to lose weight before the weight gain. During pregnancy I gained about 35 pounds which fell off within 6 weeks of having the baby. Now I am working on that 32 I initially gained plus the weight that I wanted to lose from before. I would just love to wear my size 14 pants again as sad as that sounds!!! I love how supportive you all are of each other and look forward to going through this journey....
SW 240
GW under 200 then to re-evaluate and come up with a new goal!

Replies

• samidos
    samidos Posts: 1
    Options
    I am almost walking in your same exact shoes! My husband and I were married in 07, and had 3 failed pregnancies in 2 years. I had gained almost 50lbs since my wedding. We were pregnant in April of 09, and had our baby girl in December. I gained an additional 50lbs with her, but have since lost all but 10 lbs from that pregnancy. I am now trying to lose what I had tacked on with my previous pregnancies. It is very difficult, but I hope to someday also be back in my size 14 jeans!! I constantly hear people who are size 5 complaining about how much weight they have to lose. If only they knew how MISERABLE it is to really gain weight and be overweight!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site should help you immensely! :) Good luck, and make GREAT choices!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    welcome and you can do it. I gained 60 lbs with my first pregnancy 5 years ago. 18 months after she was born i had gained everything i lost having her back and then got pregnant again. I ended up losing 25 lbs being pregnant and losing ten after he was born. BUT then gained everything back due to stress in two years. I am now 26 lbs down and struggling to get the rest off. Im hoping to get down to a healthy size before trying for another baby in April. Im actually hoping that getting my IUD out I will lose some wieght since i think i gained wieght form having it
  • mercyr80
    mercyr80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am also kinda in the same situation. I gained almost 45lbs during my pregnancy and i am down 10 lbs from my pre-pregnancy wieght but Im still about 20 lbs overweight.

cudybug-I agree that the IUD makes you gain weight,the hormones in the Mirena are crazy.
  • smalltowncutie82
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!! It is nice to meet people in the same boat I'm in :-)
  • 30togomoveit
    30togomoveit Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have had the Mirena for 4 yrs and have not found it aids in my weight gain. My lack of tracking and not exercising enough are the reason.

I was able to lose weight fine w/ it inserted. Just adding that to the above answers. I guess everyone is different but I have not had that problem w/ the IUD. I LOVE IT as I don't get a period anymore and I don't have a co-pay for the pill anymore! ;)