Cheat Meal Dinner - What to eat for breakfast and lunch?

Options
Has anyone got any tips on a good breakfast and lunch to have on the lead up to my cheat meal dinner? I want to accumulate a lot of calories so I can use the bulk of them on the cheat meal but I don't want to starve myself leading up to dinner time. Anyone got any low calorie ideas for breakfast and lunch?

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    If I know I'm going to have a big dinner then I usually skip breakfast and have a big salad with minimal dressing and some roasted chicken for lunch.

I really don't understand the concept of calling it a "cheat meal" though - you still have to stay within your calories for the week if you intend to lose or maintain. Calling it a "cheat meal" implies it's "wrong" or something...and you shouldn't feel that way about food.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I would simply have a lighter meal for breakfast ... egg whites and bacon maybe so the fat and protein can hold you over til dinner time. I agree with not calling it a cheat meal ... just fitting it into your day :)
  • sheps1990
    sheps1990 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks both for the advice, will heed both now I'm planning my food for tomorrow.

I'm content with the label cheat, for me, it doesn't demonise it, it's just not something I'd want to be eating regularly.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I eat normally, with a focus on protein. If you are already planning on going over either deficit, or maintenance, why be starving all day long?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Luna3386 wrote: »
    I eat normally, with a focus on protein. If you are already planning on going over either deficit, or maintenance, why be starving all day long?

What's funny is if I am anticipating something fantastic (like Thanksgiving dinner at my friend's house), I am generally not hungry before hand - some kind of mental block or something I guess. I can skip breakfast and have a slice of bread and jelly for lunch and be just fine, lol...

Now, if something happens during a normal day and I can't have my normal lunch that I was looking forward to... I'm freaking hangry till supper...
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If this is a special occasion I would personally eat what I normally do for breakfast and lunch, though I'd avoid snacks. My theory is that one day off plan will not make me put on weight, it also makes me more likely to stick to the plan longer term. Positive life choices.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Depends on how many calories are in dinner.

If there 1k calories in dinner than I'll go for a long walk and with the remainder of my calories eat something that was 400 calories or less for lunch...I don't eat breakfast.

If dinner is 1500 calories, then I will go for a long walk and probably not eat until said dinner. My goal is net 1400 calories a day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'd eat what I normally eat for breakfast and lunch.

Make lunch a bit lighter maybe.