Healthy Recipes For Two

Options
CuteMonkeyGal
CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
Hello all,

My partner and I are going to be on vacation in a few weeks. We'll be staying in hotels during the duration of our trip. One of the hotels has a kitchenette for sure (stove, microwave, mini fridge, sink, dishes, utensils) but the other places are a surprise my gf says. I am looking for healthy, easy recipes for two without a lot of leftovers that are also easy to prepare. I won't have access to a crockpot at all either. I know we will be going out to eat a little, but I do want to save some money (and calories) by cooking some food for us. So, gimmie your best recipes for breakfast, lunch, or dinner for two! Thanks!

Replies

• CuteMonkeyGal
    Options
    Does anybody have any ideas? :(
  • Jtorres326
    Jtorres326 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I dont really have recipes as much as ideas. You might want to bring along a foreman grill if you own one. You can use it to grill chicken, veggies or even make paninis.

Breakfast: buy eggs, yogurt, frozen fruit, frozen veggies, maybe cheese if you eat that, granola and/or a good lean cereal (like Kashi), flatbread (some places call them sandwich thins), peanut butter, some lean cold cuts and mustard
    Your breakfasts can rotate:
    egg white omelets w whatever frozen veggies you bought and a little cheese
    OR
    yogurt parfait: layer the yogurt of your choice (I favor greek yogurt) w some of the partially thawed fruit and a spoonful of granola or cereal for crunch
    OR
    sandwich thins toast w pb and small bowl of cereal w milk of choice for a quick breakfast option
    OR
    sandwiches made on the sandwich thins

Lunch:
    You can even have an omelet as a lunch option if you don't already have it for breakfast
    sandwiches can also be a lunch choice

Dinner:
    not sure what your shopping choices are going to be but you can get boneless, skinless chicken breasts anywhere. For quick easy marinade, you can marinade chicken breasts in light italian dressing and grill. Turkey/veggie burgers. So grill the protein of your choice w veggies. Buy some ready to steam quick cooking brown rice.

Some hotels have continental breakfasts free of charge. You can maybe grab coffee, tea, juice, milk and maybe some fresh fruit from there each morning to save money too. But most importantly, enjoy your vacation!
  • dunnyboo
    dunnyboo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous post...mainly because when I travel if I am in accommodation that has any kind of kitchen area I don't cook even if I intend to! I would have things on hand easy to cook, like the previous ideas. Will this kitchen have pans and utensils? I used to make a great chicken, marinate 2 breasts in white wine and rosemary with a few gold raisins, let it sit a while then cook until chicken is done. I would buy couscous, an instant or quick cooking kind, add some toasted almonds and that was dinner. Whenever I've made it people love it and it can't be any easier to make! Hungry girl also has some easy tasty recipes and hers are usually for one or two people. Have fun!
  • dunnyboo
    Options
    Uh sorry just read your original post about utensils!
  • dunnyboo
    Options
    These look really easy! And made for two! http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2540
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    Options
    Oh thanks for the great ideas. I like the marinating the chicken breasts in Italian dressing...that site has some good recipes on it. :)