Weight Stuck

Options
I have been walking for 90 min a day and for 2 days my weight has not dropped and I am watching my eating. Feeling down and sad. I know I might be loosing inches but I want the scale to show me a lower number. How can I make my weight drop?

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Patience
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Also define "watching my eating". Are you weighing your food and countingnevery calorie? And seriously...its been 2 days. Chill. :wink:
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    2 days is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Don't focus so much on the scale's numbers because they're influenced by all sorts of things (time of the month, if you ate a lot of carbs or sodium, water retention due to exercise, etc). If you're loosing inches what does that tell you? You're LOSING - not gaining. Focus on that!
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    You can't expect your weight to drop everyday. Be patient.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    It can take up to 6 weeks to see results from a lifestyle change.
  • bigguyreed
    bigguyreed Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Walking will help drop the weight, just stick with it. I started walking bout 2 1/2yrs. ago I was 340lbs. Got to 290lbs in about a yr. ago now I'm at going to gym. On the days you feel like not walking don't give in walk anyway. I had someone that would push me into walking on those day I didn't want to go. Slow and steady, you win.
  • idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My weight stayed almost the exact same for the past week and a half and this morning I was down 2lbs. Just be patient and if you are in a calorie deficit your weight will go down again
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's been two days. And you mentioned nothing about a calorie deficit, which is how you lose weight.
  • redsweet
    redsweet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for advice. I was told that too, walk everyday even when I'm mentally tired. That's when I need to walk is when my body says its tired. That came from a runner!
  • redsweet
    redsweet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Plus I will sleep better.
  • SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You can't outrun your mouth.
    Exercising and burning a few hundred calories per day is GREAT!! for your health in general. But not eating the "700" extra calories a day is better.

Weigh everything that enters your mouth, log it accurately. Ignore 99% of the database because you will find it is wrong. Verify everything from the actual food package itself before logging it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    pekoto94cso8.jpg
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't consider your weight stuck until you go a month or two without any change. a few days is completely normal.