Anyone in Denial?

Options
redsweet
redsweet Posts: 15 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
Why did it take so long for me to realize how BIG I looked and how emotionally I wear my feelings on my shoulder to let other people negative comments, nick-picks, yelling, put-downs, hurt me enough to eat my way to obese and let myself fall into depression for so many years. Most of the time people won't come out and just say whats on their mind like you look fat or the dress shows your fat rolls. They go around the point and say so would you wear this - and show you a pic of a fat lady model wearing a fat dress. Now I have fell into an epiphany that I will love myself enough to not let No one ever step into my aura of self-love. And to keep working for myself to be healthy. ~Walking, running, lifting~

Replies

• dontgobacktosleep
    dontgobacktosleep Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya girl, could have written that myself!
  • redsweet
    redsweet Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Inspiration
    qu.jpg 72.8K
  • jamandcreamscones
    jamandcreamscones Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its good to hear you are doing what you need too do for you. Don't ever let anyone put you down (it often shows their insecurity). We're all here doing the best we can and if they can't be nice to you you don't need them.
    Wish you the best of luck.
  • graydreams
    graydreams Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Be kind to yourself, my friend. You didn't "let" yourself get depressed, you are an emotional person and care about what others think, It is really wonderful that right now you are planning on getting your health in order and exercising <3
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I was in denial big time... I am glad to be back in reality, but I have realized how *kitten* up I am. You have to learn how to deal with issues, instead of masking the pain. We can do this!
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Was never in denial. Early on I just didn't care as it never seemed to hurt me in anyway. It's later in life when I realized how dumb I was for not getting in shape back then.

My family of course will never say I'm fat, at my fattest years ago they wondered why I wanted to lose weight because " I'm so skinny" 5'8. 240 is skinny as hell lol. Idk, maybe trying to look over the fact they they helped make us all over weight with the junk food they fed us everyday.

Oh well, past is the past. Only person hold me back now is me and I'm more motivated then ever before.
  • MarvinsAMartian
    MarvinsAMartian Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    graydreams wrote: »
    Be kind to yourself, my friend. You didn't "let" yourself get depressed, you are an emotional person and care about what others think, It is really wonderful that right now you are planning on getting your health in order and exercising <3

Beautifully put. I don't have words.
  • FixItDuck
    FixItDuck Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Maybe you didn't "realise" because you weren't ready to change, but now you are and that's all good. Now you have the desire and motivation to change things, because you are ready.