How Long Did It Take...

Options
...for you to notice a difference in yourself? I mean we look at ourselves all the time. In the mirror before we shower, when we wash our hands in the bathroom, getting ready in the morning, etc etc. I understand that we can be our own worst critics. I'm just wondering when did you look at yourself and notice a difference?

I notice little things like being more comfortable in my clothes, my stomach is less puffed out, I am just all around feeling comfortable in my own skin. If I feel this well after 22 lbs I hope to feel even better at my goal. Just wondering what others opinions are that have gone through this :)

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    The first thing I noticed was my pants starting to get looser at the waist...probably about a month into my program.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    How long until I noticed a difference when I looked in the mirror? I don't remember. I noticed feeling better right away after starting to eat healthy. I noticed clothes fitting differently before I could actually see a difference.

Taking pictures is very helpful. you can compare them & see the difference that way. I am very bad about taking pictures but I wish I had some from around the time I started.I know that would be good to see for comparison about now.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It takes about 5 to 7 pounds for me to notice. I love the burn I feel the next day after a massive cardio workout. Sadly, though, I usually start taking the improvements for granted.
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It took me about 20 lbs. My weight would fluctuate 10 lbs without trying, so hitting 20 felt huge because I didn't gain the first 10 back.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    At about 13 pounds, I noticed I could fit into pants I couldn't get into before. I also noticed that they were really roomy in the thighs and butt. As I was sitting in the doctor's office yesterday (19 pounds) I noticed there was extra room in the chair. Previously my thighs and hips fought to get into the chair.

So, what I've noticed is that my fat is coming off my hips and thighs a lot faster than my gut. That's probably due to the squats and walking/elliptical, but I really wish I could get a waist!
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    It took a while for my eyes to catch up with the changes in my body.

I think I had lost about 14 pounds before I actually noticed it myself. That was when my collarbone was more visible, and I could see more definition in my arms.