Weight fluctuations

Options
Hi everyone. So before a start a little background - I'm 26, 124.3lbs and 5 foot 4. I started at 132 and just wanted to loose a little bit of weight to fit back into my clothes properly as I tend to carry a lot of weight on my stomach and my trousers were becoming pretty uncomfortable.

Anyway so I've lost nearly 8lb but have found in the last 7 days I've not lost of gained anything. As in I've weighed myself everyday at around the same time and my weight has not fluctuated by even 0.1lb. I know it's only been a week but I've never known my weight to stay exactly the same and not fluctuate at all. We're constantly telling each other weight fluctuations up and down are normal so to not see a change at all just doesn't seem the norm to me. I'm definitely still eating at a calorie deficit so would expect to see myself losing weight not maintaining.

I know everyone is different but does this happen to others? If so why does it happen and what did you do?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I have times when my weight doesn't really fluctuate, but most of the time it does...I think it's pretty normal for either.

If you're worried that you haven't lost any weight in a week...well, that happens...it's not a linear process.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Check the batteries in your scale. I'd just put in a new set. Then, if the weight is till exactly the same I'd just ride it out.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    3oc8oq0psbj1.jpg
  • eyer0ll
    eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've this happen for seven full days -- scale didn't budge an ounce. I also thought the scale batteries might be low but just waited it out and eventually had a big loss.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I used to have a scale which doesn't move unless weight differes by a certain amount. You need to step with something heavy on it to reset it. It gets boring after a while so I just got a different one.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Other than checking the scale, I'd not worry about it. To check the scale, either a) change the batteries or b) pick up a bottle of shampoo/mouthwash/etc. and step on the scale - then check again with hands empty. Does it change?
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Yep, if it is exactly the same, I would be suspicious of the scale.