Low Carbing It!

Replies

• noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    @raytamtay3 - I agree. Everyone has to do what works for them. I used to be able to lose weight on 1500 calories a day of consisting of chicken breasts, oatmeal, apples, sweet potatoes and egg whites. And these days, I can't lose an ounce on that, let alone 1500 calories on bread, potatoes, or pasta. Unfortunately, for me, general CICO doesn't work. But 1500 calories of low carb/high fat foods like whole eggs, butter, coconut oil, avocados, nuts, cheese, and spinach does help me lose weight. Plus, helps me to actually feel full, and my cravings for sugar and starches pretty much disappear on LCHF.
  • kristiekay87
    kristiekay87 Posts: 24 Member
    HELLO everyone. I'm DAY 2 for low carb eating. So far so good for me. PLEASE feel free to add me, I would love to help and motivate anyone i can!

I have a tubing trip in July and cruise in October, so I am really ready to drop the weight and look my best... I go to the gym in the morning but haven't been in the last couple weeks because I've had a terrible chest cold and can't stop coughing!
  • raytamtay3
    raytamtay3 Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2017
    Not to sound stupid, but how do I add someone? :/
  • raytamtay3
    edited May 2017
    I love how flat my stomach has gotten. I've done LC off and on (more so on) for about 4 years now and every time I go on it long term, I forget to take a before and after pic of my stomach! Ugh! The other strange thing is, other than walking, I'm not really working out like I use to, but yet I'm getting definition in my abs. Anyone else noticing this in theirs?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    raytamtay3 wrote: »

Click on their name below their avatar/photo. That pops up another box then click on their name in the new pop up box. Then you will see the ADD as a Friend button.
  • SarcasticBlondie
    SarcasticBlondie Posts: 836 Member
    I'm Keto. Anyone can add me.
  • raytamtay3

Click on their name below their avatar/photo. That pops up another box then click on their name in the new pop up box. Then you will see the ADD as a Friend button.

Thank you!!

• raytamtay3
    5lbs. away from my goal!!!!!
  • caligirlinokieland
    caligirlinokieland Posts: 5 Member
    Hi! I'm on a modified low carb (no dairy). Feeling so much better!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @caligirlinokieland that sounds awesome. Welcome to MFP forums.
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    edited May 2017
    I am doing the low carb thing, not keto, but I usually have carbs low, protein high. I have a *kitten* ton of weight to lose over 100 lbs ... but if anyone is going down the same road feel free to add me :) Great job to the poster on being so close to your goal!! WAY TO GO!
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Hello. I'm fairly new to this site. I am doing the low carb things and would love to have some people who are doing the same to help keep me motivated! I would like to lose about 15 lbs.

I completely avoid complex carbs in my diet and want to lose about 15 pounds as well. We can do this!
  • raytamtay3
    K...so anyway...still doing very well low carbing it! Stayed on track all weekend which is no small feat! I guess not having our annual Memorial Day BBQ helped with that!
  • raytamtay3
    My total counts were not good yesterday. Late baseball game+PMS= bad choices! Ugh. Back on the wagon today though.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Amys712 wrote: »
    Hello. I'm fairly new to this site. I am doing the low carb things and would love to have some people who are doing the same to help keep me motivated! I would like to lose about 15 lbs.

I completely avoid complex carbs in my diet and want to lose about 15 pounds as well. We can do this!

I think you're using the term complex carbs differently than I do. Leafy green vegetables, legumes.... are so called "complex carbs".
  • raytamtay3
    edited May 2017
    How do I set it up so just those I am friends with on here can see my posts?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    How do I set it up so just those I am friends with on here can see my posts?

if you want only friends to see your post you post on your wall(meaning your profile page) posting here means everyone can see what you post.These are public forums so they are open.