Running​ during ramdan

Options
faysalubit
faysalubit Posts: 272 Member
edited May 2017 in Fitness and Exercise
Is this safe to run during fast ? If yes then what's the best time ? Ramdan is coming next week and fasting ​timing will be 5 am to 7pm

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    faysalubit wrote: »
    Is this safe to run during fast ? Should not be a problem provided you are well nourished during non fast times.
    If yes then what's the best time ? What ever time works best for you. A little trial and error works. Everyone is different. you will have to find your own way. I suggest easing off a little until you're more certain on how it will work for you.
    Ramdan is coming next week and fasting ​timing will be 5 am to 7pm

Enjoy the run. Forgive my ignorance, I don't know whether to wish you a Happy "Ramdan" or another sentiment.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    pondee629 wrote: »
    faysalubit wrote: »
    Is this safe to run during fast ? Should not be a problem provided you are well nourished during non fast times.
    If yes then what's the best time ? What ever time works best for you. A little trial and error works. Everyone is different. you will have to find your own way. I suggest easing off a little until you're more certain on how it will work for you.
    Ramdan is coming next week and fasting ​timing will be 5 am to 7pm

Enjoy the run. Forgive my ignorance, I don't know whether to wish you a Happy "Ramdan" or another sentiment.

I think "Ramadan mubarak" is the standard way to wish someone a good Ramadan -- it translates to something like "a blessed Ramadan."
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Muslim colleagues have generally wound down mileage during Ramadan, and synchronise their training with however they find their fueling works best. Most move down to early morning so that they can recover before starting fast for the day.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Usually exercising about an hour before iftar works well, just take it easy and see what worKS best for you
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Some people I know work out right before iftaar, while others go to the gym at 10pm. Whatever you do, make sure you are meeting your nutritional needs, and not living off kunafa (although you better enjoy it!) Ramadan Kareem!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Isn't it the water and being dehydrated after your run that you have to worry about most?
    I cannot answer your question.
    But I have played soccer with many Muslims. They could not control when game time came, and it gets quite hot here where I live. I always kind of assumed they would skip the games, particularly late in the month. But I don't remember even one person skipping a game. They never complained, and none ever seemed slower or more tired or anything (much to my chagrin! Dang it).
    Hope you keep after it.