Noobie looking for healthy low calorie snacks?

Hi all. This is my second time on myfitnesspal, (I lasted a few days last time)! I'm losing weight before I go on holiday in September. I'm a huge snacker and know I won't be able to cut out my snacks, so want to replace them for a low calorie option! Not a fan of many veggies but I love fruit. Any help would be great :) also looking for new friends for support :)
Chloe xxx

Replies

• tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    I love to snack on fresh cherries! They are pretty low in calories and it takes a while to eat them since you have to spit out the seed! I also like to have Special K bars...most of them are around 90 calories.
    Feel free to add me for support!
  • Caitychuu
    Caitychuu Posts: 33 Member
    Frozen fruit like grapes or berries, watermelon, triscuits with hummus, veggies with hummus, "apple pie" (microwave a cut up apple with cinnamon sprinkled on top and granola), nuts: unsalted, greek yogurt.
  • rochey_1
    rochey_1 Posts: 37
    um i eat fruit cups, They're delicious and stay fresh so can keep for longer than regular fruit.

I eat regular fruit too, When the hunger hits i eat a banana or a peach with a cool glass of water..Hunger be gone :))

I cut apples up with Kiwi, I do the same with grapes and strawberries..like mini fruit salads.

Crackers with peanut butter.

yoghurts.

sometimes cereal too...things like that, Hope i helped :))
  • caitlinsgoal
    caitlinsgoal Posts: 3 Member
    Lite aeroplane jelly! Only 7 calories per serve it is my life I can have heaps of it ahaha it tastes just as good as normal jelly and great for the summer, when I'm cold ill just have tea and use nativia sweetener which is 0.4 calories so I stack up on that too.
  • caitlinsgoal
    caitlinsgoal Posts: 3 Member
    Oh and I love freezing fruit frozen bananas are like ice cream, grapes are like ice blocks and watermelon is like a slushy! SOOO good and it takes longer to eat
  • chloeeee11
    chloeeee11 Posts: 9 Member
    Definitely going to try the frozen fruit idea :) and I've brought some alone light bars with only 70 calls a bar :) yum! Thanks for all your help guys :D x x
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Sugar free jell-o. Its 10 calories, you could eat ten cups and it would only be 100 cal. I also like it because its liquid based :D
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,866 Member
    Sugar free gelatin pots. Around 10 calories per pot.

I like savory things. Crabsticks are around 16 cals a piece. Beef jerky. Turkey salami zapped to a crisp in the microwave. Japanese or Korean grilled seaweed snacks. Edamame beans in the shell. Raw veg dipped in hummous or tzaziki.
  • chloeeee11
    chloeeee11 Posts: 9 Member
    Sugar free jell-o. Its 10 calories, you could eat ten cups and it would only be 100 cal. I also like it because its liquid based :D

Ill try this thanks :) I love jelly :) (English) ;)