CrossFit - Beginners WOD

Options
Hello,

Does anyone here do CrossFit? I'm looking to get into it, but before I pay membership to a box, I want to test it out.

(Mainly because I've been power lifting for the last 18 months, zero cardio!)

So if you do, can you point me in the direction of getting some beginner WOD's please?

Kind regards,
Hawks

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I love crossfit!! You can try classes out for free at most gyms, look at their websites.
    You can looks up wods on the internet.
    And scale it as needed.
    Ex:
    4 rounds of
    400m run
    20 push ups
    20 squats.
    Some may scale up and add weights or some scale down and do less reps or rounds.
  • IAmThunderHawk
    IAmThunderHawk Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hello, thanks for replying!

Yeah I've seen a couple, was looking for somewhere that lists them as I'm limited on equipment (home gym)
  • CrossFitOlie
    CrossFitOlie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been going to a box for about 10 months now. The community is great! I've lost 20 lbs or so, and have definitely muscled up. I go about 6 days a week, and totally think it's worth the price.

The main thing is to know your limits and scale when you need to.
  • CrossFitOlie
    CrossFitOlie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Got to crossfit.com and look under the affiliates tab. It''l list all the boxes near you. We visit boxes on our vacations. Last year, hit one up in NYC, Belgium, Amsterdam, and Tokyo. It's a huge community that is very welcoming to others.
  • twistedwoman
    twistedwoman Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a crossfit newbie. Been going about 5 weeks and now I'm addicted. They scale everything to my ability. My crossfit has their WOD on their website each day. I don't understand all the names yet but go anyway. Love it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Every box I ever tried had a freebie trial class and if you signed up, you went to a ramp on.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    When properly scaled, almost any wod can be a beginner wod.
    And like so many have said, pretty much every box lets you try a class for free.