what do you have your macros set at?

Options
and why? I do a combo of distance running and strength training. Just curious what people have their macro set at and the reason behind your % break down.

Replies

• glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My macros are 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat. I'm a runner and I just find that this works for my needs/wants. Honestly, you're going to find a bunch of different answers. With respect to the MFP community my macros are fairly carb heavy, but they work for me.
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    As of right now I'm at 65g fat 325g carbs and 160g protein. I'm reverse dieting slowly gaining back muscle I lost from my contest prep. Eat more food = :) Also I weight train 6 days a week.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I set it at 40% Carbs, 30% Protein and Carbs. Seems to be a good balance for me. I lift more than I do cardio but incorporate that as well.
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I don't track macros. I have micro-nutrients displayed instead. I will say I'm not afraid of carbs, and my protein intake is less than average.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I try to meet my minimums of protein and fat... then fill my remaining calories with carbs. Since I'm still trying to lose, that puts me at:

40% protein
    35% fat
    25% carbs.

When I start putting on weight again, the carb ratio will increase substantially but the grams of protein and fat will stay about the same.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    I'm at 74g of fat, 150g of protein, and 175g of carbs, which I think comes out to 30% protein, 35% carbs, 35% fat. I calculate my macros based on sufficient quantity per mass, not ratios or percentages. I'm looking to preserve as much muscle as possible while I'm cutting. I shoot for 0.4g of fat per lb of body weight and 0.82g of protein per lb of body weight, the rest of my calories come from carbs.