Anybody else experience this?

Options
Does anyone else kind of wonder if they have a dysmorphic view of their body? Like sometimes I feel just like I'm not progressing, that I have such a long way to go, or that I'm so huge -- then someone will say something to make me wonder if it's all in my head.

Today I was remarking that a thinner, very fit co-worker was "so tiny!" and another office-mate was like ... uh, you two are about the same size. I was like...uh, no we're not. In my head, she appears maybe 20 lbs lighter.

I mean my scale says I'm about 177 lbs, which is technically overweight at my height (5'7), but when I tell people what weight I am they are usually shocked and say I don't look it. I tell people I want to lose 30 lbs, and they are like, that's too much -- you'll be skin and bones! Yet when I look in the mirror, all I see the layer of fat that I need to lose to have the physique I want.

Can anyone else relate, or am I crazy? It's ok to say I am, I don't take offense lol. Everybody's a little crazy; it makes the world more interesting.

Replies

• lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    It is the same for me. One of my biggest shocks was when my trainer told me that some of her clients are hoping to get to the same shape where I currently am. I think I need to lose about 30 pounds. I guess it all is related to where you are now and where you think you should be in your head.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Body dysmorphia is a problem for lots of people.