Have you ever been a victim of Child abuse?????

Options
Marinah0987
Marinah0987 Posts: 30 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
I am a victim of Child abuse, I know that when someone would ask me are you alright? I would say I am FINE but really I’m not. If you don’t know what it feels like to be .. , here is one word to describe it: PAIN alot of pain .you can,t evev get rid of that moments!!!! It really hurts you feel depressed and like you have no one to talk to you...
i wish i had someone i can share my fears with...i can cry infront of someone for one last time and everything would turn out to be okay

I am suffering from PTSD its been years. Am still living in those moments ...its like a flashback ...like a movie always live in my mind..i feel am still stuck there ...a 9 years old girl hiding under bed .. i cnt forget that zero bomb ticking of my heart beat!!! i lost all my SELF-ESTEEM ..... I LOST MY CHILDHOOD ...I LOST MY HAPINESS MY JOYS.....MY DREAMS ....
I LOST MYSELF

Replies

• Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Wow. I'm so sorry. This makes me sad.
  • TheJourneyToFabulous
    TheJourneyToFabulous Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    My partner has been. As someone else said maybe seek some professional help
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Please seek professional help
  • Hoshiko
    Hoshiko Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. No one deserves that, let alone a child.

Please, please see someone who can help you. Not only to help you to deal with the past trauma and pain, but also because you are worth it, and you deserve some happiness and peace in your future life as well.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    HermanLily wrote: »
    Yes, I am a survivor of sexual abuse by someone I trusted. By living in fear/depression you give them the power. We can't change what happened, but we can take back our power to be sure no one ever disrespects us again.

This.

I'm also a survivor of sexual, physical and mental abuse and went on to abuse myself through drug addiction for eighteen years.

Therapy, therapy, therapy. Exercise helps the PTSD.

Bless you, sweetheart, may you find your way. <3
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. As others have said, please seek professional help. One friend I have did inner child therapy and it helped her move through and cope with the pain. Hugs.
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    There is also a mental health website called Elefriends run by Mind. You can join and get lots of online support there.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was abused as a child. It does stay with you. Listen to what everyone is saying about professional help, but also know that you are not alone and you can talk to me if you need someone to talk to who has been there.
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm a survivor of childhood mental abuse plus physical marital abuse coupled with emotional abuse.
    I became a psychologist because of it. I'm living a full, satisfying life now.
    It can be overcome!
  • yoherbs421
    yoherbs421 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I too know the feeling of hiding with said heartbeat. You need to talk with someone in person about this. You can pretty much ask anybody who to talk to for help. Help is always there, non-judgmental, waiting for you to reach out. Please don't keep it bottled up. Please do talk with someone.
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Seek Professional Help.

I will ofcourse .Its not possible for me yet.
    Thanks for your support.
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    My partner has been. As someone else said maybe seek some professional help

I really really hope that your partner is doing good now.Its a ruff journey though.Your support really means alot to me.
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    Hoshiko wrote: »
    I'm so sorry that happened to you. No one deserves that, let alone a child.

Please, please see someone who can help you. Not only to help you to deal with the past trauma and pain, but also because you are worth it, and you deserve some happiness and peace in your future life as well.

Hoshiko , i tried to share my feelings & pain with a family member and a friend.They think i,m over sensitive .I should just forget everything.It increases my pain whenever some one tries to teach me that just forget it,..without listening to me.I dnt knw if i am worth it or not but i want to live a NORMAL HAPPY LIFE..thats all i want
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    Yes, I am a survivor of sexual abuse by someone I trusted. By living in fear/depression you give them the power. We can't change what happened, but we can take back our power to be sure no one ever disrespects us again.

Thanks for your words.May be I should explain more so you can understand what I am going through.My whole childhood has been destroyed by sexual abuse and molestation.In my teenage i was beimg bullied in college and since my childhood i am facing continuous mental abuse from people they call FAMILY. And during all that period I was ALONE..actually I am. Till 16 i had not a SINGLE friend .I CAN,T TAKE BACK MY POWER
  • Marinah0987
    Options

This.

I'm also a survivor of sexual, physical and mental abuse and went on to abuse myself through drug addiction for eighteen years.

Therapy, therapy, therapy. Exercise helps the PTSD.

Bless you, sweetheart, may you find your way. <3
    I'm so sorry that you had to go through this.Hopefully you are doing good now.
    I really wish i can meet you
    I wish i could hug you right now
    I'm trying to find my ways
    much love for you..
    and yes a warm hug <3
  • Marinah0987
    Options
    Macy9336 wrote: »
    Hang in there. As others have said, please seek professional help. One friend I have did inner child therapy and it helped her move through and cope with the pain. Hugs.

Thanku Macy.I will seek someday when it would be possible for me.I know professional help makes alot of difference.Love for your friend
    Hugs back
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am that this happened to you. You are valuable and your recovery needs to start now, not later.

There are non-profit organizations you can turn to if money is the issue stopping you from talking with a counselor. Catholic Charities comes to mind, and I'm sure there are many others. Family and friends often do not have the patience to bear with you as you struggle through this. You don't say how old you are, but if you're still in school, a school counselor could help you find someone to talk to. Your family doctor might also be surprisingly helpful. Even someplace like Planned Parenthood has professional counselors who would know how to direct you in finding the right person to talk to.

It's so important right now for you to find the right guidance. Your family and friends may mean well, but your reliance on them is making you feel worse. When they reject your concerns and your pain, they make you feel abandoned all over again.

While you're looking for a counselor, something that might help immediately is meditation. I find the "Calm" app useful for guided meditation. Changing your thought patterns will be crucial in your recovery, and meditation is a great place to start learning how to do that. If you're a believer, reciting Psalm 23 can make you feel more at peace, and there are a many hymns that you might learn to sing. It Is Well With My Soul is a good one to start with. Singing has healed many wounds in my life.

I wish you peace and a purposeful life.