Vegetarian/Vegan Recipes.

Options
I have looked in this forum to find these kind of recipes and I have not come across any. So thoguht I would post. I am a happy Pescatarian looking to become a full Vegan and I find it hard to locate good tasting recipes. So here we go.

Grilled Portabello Burger.
Makes 4 burgers.

4 Large Portabello Caps
dash worshire sauce on each cap
stake seasoning dashed on each cap
4 large hamburger buns

Grill stem side down 3-5 minutes. Flip and grill additional 3-5mintues or until done to your likeness. Place buns on grill insides down for about 30-60 seconds or until lightly marked grill lines appear. Take buns and caps off grill and top with pickles, lettuce (baby spinach is my fav.), tomatoes, ketchup, mustard...whatever you enjoy on your burgers.

This is my favorite recipe. Its easy and tastes great. You can always change it up to meet your tastes. Sometimes I add a little vegan cheese to mine. Very filling and makes you feel great knowing you just ate a totally healthy meal. :flowerforyou:
*Great summer grilling or do the same under the oven broiler. Times may vary unde the broiler so keep close watch when broiling caps.

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I posted this vegetarian (probably vegan?) recipe a couple days ago along with the photo I took.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/105339-curried-chickpeas-black-beans-w-photo-only-3-ww-points?hl=black+beans+ww#posts-1455651
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Check out www.vegweb.com for some great recipes! They are one of the best vegan sites out there.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    That sounds yummy. Have you used something other than worshire sauce on it? I don't use it since it's made with anchoives.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Worcestershire sauce is neither vegetarian or vegan, it has anchovies in it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcestershire_sauce.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Worcestershire sauce is neither vegetarian or vegan, it has anchovies in it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcestershire_sauce.

There is vegan Worcestershire sauce, though (or Worcestershire-like sauce, I guess).

And thanks for the idea! This looks like it would be more successful than the vegan black bean burgers that I tried to make the other night (which promptly crumbled to dust on me -- guess I really do need an egg replacer?).
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Yes, there is a vegan worshire sauce. I forget the name and I ran out already so can't get it. But I will be shoping soon and will post when I pick it up....I know where it is in the local store...lol.
    But like I said I am a Pescatarian...that means I eat only Fish/Seafood in terms of meat. I am however slowly converting to the Vegan way.

Thanks for the input so far everyone. I appreciate it.
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    That sounds yummy. Have you used something other than worshire sauce on it? I don't use it since it's made with anchoives.

LOL...I am so silly. I forgot until I hit send that I have the same brand salad dressing. The worshire sauce is Annie's Naturals Worcestershire Sauce, Organic, Vegetarian. Also I found a recipe you can use to make your own if you'd like.

Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
    submitted by: Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley)

Regular worcestershire sauce is not vegan, so shop carefully, or make your own using this recipe.

Ingredients
    1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons water
    1 tablespoon brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    Instructions
    1.Place all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir thoroughly. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Simmer 1 minute. Cool.
    2.Store in the refrigerator. Makes about 3/4 cup.

HTH. Happy Cooking!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

thanks!
  • mindy1seymour
    Options
    I find lots of great vegan recipes (and overall healthy) on www.eatingwell.com

I have made lots of these recipes and have yet to be disappointed!! :)
  • JoyfullySimpleFit
    Options
    Mindy,

Thanks a million! I am going to check out and try the site now. Maybe I will find something great for dinner. Much appreciated. :happy: