I have trouble meeting my calorie goal

Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    .2 medium avocado?

Eat the whole avocado, or half. And "medium avocado" isn't an entry I'd trust.

You really can't eat more with that menu? It doesn't strike me as super filling.

What are your protein numbers?
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I wish I had this kind of problem!!!
  • piecheeriolady
    piecheeriolady Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    tk2n6f31mren.png
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think you are doing great!!! Just have something extra...like peanut butter and banana. Frozen cup of fruit. Don't go too wild!
  • piecheeriolady
    Options
    Also as for cooking things , I'm a bit limited in time. Lunch is for at school, so it needs to be something I can easily pack. Breakfast is always fast. And for dinner I'm usually stuck at McDonald's all night. So I need something I can get there or cook at home really fast .
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input. Yes, I have been weighing and measuring things correctly. I have been eating avocados, still under my cal goal from 200-300 calories. I have been filling up by eating a ton of low cal things like broccoli and strawberries.

Decrease broccoli and strawberries and add more calorie dense foods. It looks like you need more protein.
  • piecheeriolady
    Options
    And as for feeling full after this, I used to eat less (but in high calorie items) and that's what lead to my weight gain.
  • lemurcat12
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Those protein numbers are horribly low. That's where to start if you really want to increase calories and eat a healthier diet.

(You probably have more protein, though -- dinner looks off, as that McD's thing can't have no protein if it has chicken.)
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    Those screen shots aren't wildly helpful and for macros like protein what is important is total grams, not percentages, since your calories are low. Opening the diary would be more helpful, but if you don't want to, I understand.

That's NOT a lot of food, and it makes me wonder if your idea of what a healthy diet is is messed up or you are scared of eating. I'd say that if you really think you can't eat more go to a doctor, show that, and explain that you feel like you can't manage more. Maybe try planning out a day in advance that hits your goals and see how it goes?
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    And as for feeling full after this, I used to eat less (but in high calorie items) and that's what lead to my weight gain.

This may be a good starting place for you. Why not try going back to the way you were eating when you put the weight on, and cut portion size to fit into your calorie goal? Tweak it gradually as you go along (and I would absolutely start with protein if your previous way of eating was as deficient in it as this one) until you have shifted to a more nutrient-dense diet and potentially you should be able to continue losing without starving yourself or trying to force yourself to eat when you're not hungry.

eta: Sometimes when we start out we try to make all the changes at once - fewer calories, more nutrient-dense food, being more aware of our hunger and satiety signals. This can certainly lead to over-analyzing everything we put in our mouths and cause us to be concerned we are violating one of our internal rules - don't eat it if it's not "healthy" or if we don't actually feel hungry or if it may cause us to reach our calorie goal right now, with no room left for later in case we might feel hungry. Trial and error will let you experiment and find a way of eating that works for you :)
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Also as for cooking things , I'm a bit limited in time. Lunch is for at school, so it needs to be something I can easily pack. Breakfast is always fast. And for dinner I'm usually stuck at McDonald's all night. So I need something I can get there or cook at home really fast .

Have you found *any* ideas for what you can add so far? I'm at a loss because literally everything I can think to suggest is in the post I linked up thread. I add ideas to it fairly regularly. If nothing here and nothing there has struck your fancy, I don't know what direction to go next with suggestions. Maybe you can talk some more about what you like to eat or what you have access to?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, based on that one day, your calories, protein, and fat are very low. If you physically cannot eat more than that you should see a doctor and a dietitian. Your body needs protein and fat to function properly.

In the meantime nuts, nutbutters, whole milk, bananas, ice cream will get you some extra calories. Undereating is just as unhealthy as whatever foods you are trying to avoid.
  • Mehreen37
    Mehreen37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble filling up my requirement calories as well! Thing is I want to lose weight I've gained from stress eating during exams so I'm not sure I should? I'd love if someone coukd take a look at my diary and let me know if its okay? Also I can't cook much because I have finals this week..